Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista Appearence on XP

• 07-07-2008 4:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

Hey guys just a quick question here, just looking for some form of theme or skin or somthing to give my start menu and windows the look of windows vista(not looking for transparencies just the same black look instead of the blue).

All i can find are total transfer downloads, did that before and made my computer run as slow as if it were actually on vista :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Haven't looked into this much but the Vista Transformation Pack was popular when Vista was still in development. There are lots of Vista-likes themes going around though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Yea i seen that one alright, not looking for the full transformation though. I know there are loads around but im only looking for small aspects of it, anyone know where there are a lot of em around in one place so i can look for myself and not waste any of your guys time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Patricide wrote: »
    Yea i seen that one alright, not looking for the full transformation though. I know there are loads around but im only looking for small aspects of it, anyone know where there are a lot of em around in one place so i can look for myself and not waste any of your guys time.

Try this BLACK THEME

I use this on all my xp installs, it has ZERO impact on performance as all it does is change the color , and for me anyway has been 100% safe to use and unlike other themes you will NOT have to use the Uxtheme.dll hack to apply it :-)

Edit :There is also an official one from MS here

But this gives you a horrible orange start button

Cheers, pretty much exactly wht i was looking for man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,961 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

What about a XP Theme for Vista? Anyone? My Dad is screaming to get one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Moved from Comp and Tech.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

If i install the Vista theme, does that slow down the pc.
    Do i also lose all passwords etc.

And most importantly.....is it easy to change it back to XP???

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

lol @ how xp folks want vista themes and vista folks want xp themes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Us XP people are just curious......

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Us XP people are just curious......
    I use the windows 2000 transformation pack myself*

*Windows classic theme ;)

• Advertisement

Some do, some dont, you just gotta get lucky. theres a good enough transformation one here:
    http://www.cmszone.org/content/view/30021/86/.

Advertisement