Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Night out in Skerries?

Options
  • 07-07-2008 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Sunday night in Skerries town after Shaggs closed (Naff name for a so called night club near the Harbour) at 3 o clock.
    The scene at the Monument was unbelievable, I would have thought people were exaggerating; only I saw it with my own eyes.

There were a group of about 20/30 males/females and they were going for it big time, kicking the living sh** out of one another. They were moving as a mass to start with and then the Lads started doing these movie punches to one another. Then the gals started to try and break it up but ended up punching each other.
    People were vomiting and falling all over the place. They were screaming at one another, like mad people that had just escaped from the nut house.

It was so one of the saddest sights I have witnessed in years. I stood there first of all agog, then I just had to laugh. I think I was laughing at the state these individuals had got themselves into. I don’t know what they were on but I can make a good guess.

Of course this went on for about 20 mins and not one cop car made an appearance; I have to say I didn’t call them. Sure what’s the point?

Thing about it was, they were all in there early 20’s late teens IMO, well dressed, had that college student look about them but they were acting like animals. Id love to of taken a video of them and play it back to them the next day or even better their parents and show them how their precious Mary and Johnnie act on a night out.

I’m not an old far* but I’ve been around and never have I witnessed such a sights. This weekend we had a lot of tourists staying in and about that immediate area, they must have been awoken by the racket and if so must have been appalled by what they would have witnessed.

Congratulations to all those parents, on what a great job they did, dragging their brats up!?

I can’t wait till ten years from now and their in control of society, cause we’re in for one hell of a time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Replace Skerries with any other town in Ireland.

Modern society and all that....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

This sort of carry on isn't unique to society today.
    Remember the running battles with the skinheads after them ripping up Red Island, South Strand & Strand Street in the late 70's, early 80's?
    Anyone go to the Maybush Festival in Rush back in the 80's & early 90's? Regular brawls along Main Street. Never mind the organised "meetings" between the "townies" & the "Hayestown" lads.
    I'm sure Balbriggan, Swords, etc had their fair share too.

That was organised mayhem. What you saw on Sunday was a gang of píssed-up kids who spilled someones pint & the whole thing got out of hand.

Down with this sort of thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

ahh,red island,many a black eye i received in there in the mid 70s.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

Time for real people to start taking back the town.

This carry on is ridiculous. The guards do SFA because they have to come all the way from Balbriggan. Then when something does happen, all they do is take details of the incident and "log" it.

So, when you do fight back against whoevers after trying to beat you to death, you get done for assault.

I've seen my friends get attacked and get stabbed, then get their heads danced on, and then on one incident the guards asked my friend not to press charges because the guy was in enough trouble as it was.

Maybe I'm just letting off steam, but this isn't an isolated incident.

Hauk

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Red Island on New Years Eve was always a big night out. They came from near and far. Disco in one part and Horslips in the hall. Great craic. Used to sleep on the buses down in the train station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

Red Island on New Years Eve was always a big night out. They came from near and far. Disco in one part and Horslips in the hall. Great craic. Used to sleep on the buses down in the train station.

And did you kick the crap out of one another? :confused:

Advertisement