Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitten Vaccinations etc

Options
  • 07-07-2008 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

How do. I recently got a kitten there that had been living pretty much wild. He hasn't had any vaccinations yet (he's only 6 weeks old), nor has he been wormed. I'm pretty sure he has fleas too.

Unfortunately I don't have much money at the moment and I know that he's gonna have to have the jabs soon. Does anyone know where the cheapest place is to have them done in Dublin (southside)? Contact numbers would be appreciated also.

Thanks, Karl.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

pinksoir wrote: »
    How do. I recently got a kitten there that had been living pretty much wild. He hasn't had any vaccinations yet (he's only 6 weeks old), nor has he been wormed. I'm pretty sure he has fleas too.

Unfortunately I don't have much money at the moment and I know that he's gonna have to have the jabs soon. Does anyone know where the cheapest place is to have them done in Dublin (southside)? Contact numbers would be appreciated also.

Thanks, Karl.

Have you tryed contacting the blue cross they will vaccanted at half the cost through maens test and deworm for 6weeks up. The only flea spray I'm aware of for kittins is front line you would have to ring round to find out who sells it at the best price some pharmacy's sell it as well but seem to put up the price because they are retail.You can also contact other chairties listed on the irish animals web sight to see if they can offer assistants with vac's and neutrering

Best of luck with him and fare play to taking him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

Thanks, I'll try the Blue Cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gversey

Where is the Blue Cross?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

gversey wrote: »
    Where is the Blue Cross?

The blue cross is a mobile unit that sets up in differnt areas each night, the best thing to do is to call them and ask were they are each night, I know Tallaght, Walkinstown and Fingls are some of them but not sure of what nights. In order to seek there assistants you will be subject to a means test. They also do microchipping at a reduced price by appointment only and have imformed me that the dspca set up a moblie unit once a month somewere and do chipping at a reduced price also and I don't think that is subject to means test but maybe call them before hand to check for sure.So no excuses for not chipping. All thier no.s are on the Irish animal web site. Cats aid also run a neuter and release program for ferrel cats so may be able to help if a ferrel colonie are in need. Cat protection will also help to neuter and vac's also subject to means test and you must contribute too. As well as dogs trust run a neutering program you have to fork out I think 20euro so no excuses for not neutering either if someone finds themselfs in a spot. But do remember who helped out when you were in a spot and may be make a donation to them when you are in a better spot so they can help someone else.

Will fill you's in on anything else I become aware of anyone else can help but got to go now some kids (little s##ts) just put a hugh dent in my car have to go shake some.

Advertisement