Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who should Ireland send to Eurovision 2009?

Options
  • 07-07-2008 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

After extremely disappointing recent results I am trying to find who would be Irelands best representative with the biggest chance of winning !!!

Could it be Samantha Mumba?? Laura Izibor?? Leona Daly?? Brian McFadden?? Or should we just withdraw from the competition altogether?

Open to any suggestion!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

What was this, two months ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Brendan Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Aslan.
    ddddd wrote:
    Or should we just withdraw from the competition altogether?
    We voted No didn't we? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Your Ma...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Aslan.

or rick ashley

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Whoever we send should sing in Russian. At least we'll get votes from the hosts! :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

If we sent the Army Rangers in with some AK's and a UN mandate the whole rest of the EU would forget the whole no vote thing and welcome us back with open arms.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mollydolly271

i think we should pull out alltogether its a sham now the way the countries vote if we sent u2 now we still would'nt win.

i think we should pull out alltogether its a sham now the way the countries vote if we sent u2 now we still would'nt win.

But... U2... are... AWFUL!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

It has gotta be Johnny Logan - he is the only person in the universe who can return us to Eurovision supremacy, not that I give a sh*te TBH:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,046 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I think that there should be an Irish supergroup made up of immigrants from all of the participating European countries (get 'em before they take off), fronted by Dana, Dustin and Johnny Logan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Mr E wrote: »

Cnut, beat me to it :p

They should send Dana, Johnny Logan, Linda Martin and any other coffin dodger that won it back in the 1920s and has an opinion every year on why we dont win.

Seeing the look on their faces after getting 3 points (from the UK vote, after Danas family in Derry all vote for her) would finally shut them up.
    ddddd wrote: »
    LAURA IZIBOR??

Whats with the caps? Are you her agent attempting a really sh1t crack at subliminal messaging?

What about a bird flu ridden turkey this time? Cluster bomb the shower of ****ers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

No one. We should withdraw from competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ddddd

Tha Gopher wrote: »

Whats with the caps? Are you her agent attempting a really sh1t crack at subliminal messaging?

Ha no that was a typo sorry!! but shes a deadly singer and would do good !

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

The Saw Doctors surely! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

byte wrote: »
    The Saw Doctors surely! :D:D
    Indeed, we could send far worse contenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Send a mime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Who cares TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Daniel O'Donnell on a one way ticket :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Ha no that was a typo sorry!! but shes a deadly singer and would do good !

I know the name but havent heard her sing.

If she is that good she ought to stay well away. Nobody has become an international success via this in W Europe since Celine Dion.

I was about to say "since Abba" before I remembered Shergar was in it once.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ddddd

ya i don't think she has many songs released but theres videos of her live on youtube and there brilliant. but ya i know what you mean it could just ruin her career

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Bosco tbh.

But... U2... are... AWFUL!!!

in your opinion maybe but they have sucess worldwide and that is who wud b voting after all:D

in your opinion maybe but they have sucess worldwide and that is who wud b voting after all:D

Their awfulness would help us win.
    And there are too many crap, totally awful, completely useless bands to name that have gained worldwide success.

Their awfulness would help us win.
    And there are too many crap, totally awful, completely useless bands to name that have gained worldwide success.

you really are an angry ba****d this is u-:mad:

you really are an angry ba****d this is u-:mad:

Ah dammit. I cant be angry now.
    You have melted my icy heart with a hot island song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Could it be Samantha Mumba??
    Isn't she dead?
    Laura Izibor??
    Who?
    Leona Daly??
    Who?
    Brian McFadden??
    Isn't he dead?

Open to any suggestion!!!

Honestly, who actually cares? It's a silly competition for amateur singers, that will never propel them to stardom. The whole thing of people here being ashamed of sending Dustin this year was hilarious. Why would you be ashamed of something as inconsequential as the Eurovision?

Apart from Shay Healy, nobody in the music industry here takes this seriously, so why should the rest of us?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I honestly think this represents the best course of action to take. We could send Elvis with Hendrix on guitar and we'd still not even make it past the semi's. There are several things wrong with the current Eurovision format -
    1. the televote - get rid of it, and bring back the jury system, which actually tries to choose the best song. The farce of neighbours voting for each other is gone beyond a joke, and i'm surprised that the ESC has not seen fit to change it.
    2. get rid of the stupid acts and razzamatazz - the likes of Lordi should not be anywhere near the Eurovision, bands like these have turned it into some sort of freakshow. Bring back the real musicians.

Until these changes are made, we should follow the Italians and opt out of this farce. The Eurovision i knew and loved has been well and truly killed by the Eastern and Cetral European countries.

Advertisement