Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who should Ireland send to Eurovision 2009?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mollydolly271

Ah dammit. I cant be angry now.
    You have melted my icy heart with a hot island song.

ahhh thats a sweet image?? this is u on that hot island-:cool:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Surely the Hoff could win it for us?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Surely the Hoff could win it for us?
    We'd have 12 points from Germany at least!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Brian Cowen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭rednik

Where Dustin failed give Bosco a try.:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 loloc3

CHECK THIS CHICK OUT WITH HER LOVELY IRISH VOICE CATCHY SONG AND THERES A BIG PERFORMANCE TO GO WITH IT :D

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=LAUREN+WHITE+a+new&aq=f

its called a new way to fly...

i think its brilliant and they would be crazy not to pick it!!

let me know xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

screen4.jpg
    worth a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 loloc3

CHECK THIS CHICK OUT WITH HER LOVELY IRISH VOICE CATCHY SONG AND THERES A BIG PERFORMANCE TO GO WITH IT :D

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=LAUREN+WHITE+a+new&aq=f

its called a new way to fly... her name is LAUREN WHITE

let me know xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Westlife doing a Rap version of 'All kinds of everything' :D

Yo, my man Louis ...............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭anladmór

loloc3 wrote: »

its called a new way to fly... her name is LAUREN WHITE

let me know xx

nice song, in fact real good but id be up for the entry of marketa irglova and glenn hansard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

grenache wrote: »
    get rid of the stupid acts and razzamatazz - the likes of Lordi should not be anywhere near the Eurovision, bands like these have turned it into some sort of freakshow. Bring back the real musicians.

Hey leave Lordi alone! I've loved that band for years and when they made it into the Eurovision I voted for them, because I genuinely liked the song. They are real musicians. They play all of their own instruments, write their own songs and just happen to like theatrics and therefore wear costumes.

On the topic of the Irish entry, I think something decent a la the Voice song by Eimear Quinn could get us through to the finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

It has gotta be Johnny Logan - he is the only person in the universe who can return us to Eurovision supremacy, not that I give a sh*te TBH:D

couldn't agree more............think he mentioned in Tubridy interview last year that he'd do it again too.....

I honestly think this represents the best course of action to take. We could send Elvis with Hendrix on guitar and we'd still not even make it past the semi's. There are several things wrong with the current Eurovision format -
    1. the televote - get rid of it, and bring back the jury system, which actually tries to choose the best song. The farce of neighbours voting for each other is gone beyond a joke, and i'm surprised that the ESC has not seen fit to change it.
    2. get rid of the stupid acts and razzamatazz - the likes of Lordi should not be anywhere near the Eurovision, bands like these have turned it into some sort of freakshow. Bring back the real musicians.

Until these changes are made, we should follow the Italians and opt out of this farce. The Eurovision i knew and loved has been well and truly killed by the Eastern and Cetral European countries.

they tuk ar votes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭994

I honestly think this represents the best course of action to take. We could send Elvis with Hendrix on guitar and we'd still not even make it past the semi's. There are several things wrong with the current Eurovision format -
    1. the televote - get rid of it, and bring back the jury system, which actually tries to choose the best song. The farce of neighbours voting for each other is gone beyond a joke, and i'm surprised that the ESC has not seen fit to change it.
    2. get rid of the stupid acts and razzamatazz - the likes of Lordi should not be anywhere near the Eurovision, bands like these have turned it into some sort of freakshow. Bring back the real musicians.

Until these changes are made, we should follow the Italians and opt out of this farce. The Eurovision i knew and loved has been well and truly killed by the Eastern and Cetral European countries.
    It's already been changed to 50% vote, 50% jury. And "razzamatazz" is hardly the word to describe Lordi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

Yeah! A group of musicians who write their own material, play their own instruments and have had chart success?

How dare they enter this Sacred & serious competition, which , in it's heyday, gave us the Beethovenesque Diggy-Loo Diggy-ley, J'aime J'aime la Vie and boom bang a bang. Real music. With meaning.

(Agree about the text voting though. Get rid. Having it there doesn't mean the best song wins, it just means that the winning song is the one most popular with gullible gobshítes with mobile credit to waste.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 meatusmusique

Gareth Nugent, The Days of our Lives

I must now dash your hopes and say that it didn't get through though there is hope of a turn around. See what you think and let me know if you think I've judged well. If you have a youtube account then go rate it and leave a comment before we end up with Daisy the Dancing Donkey for 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Gareth Nugent, The Days of our Lives

I must now dash your hopes and say that it didn't get through though there is hope of a turn around. See what you think and let me know if you think I've judged well. If you have a youtube account then go rate it and leave a comment before we end up with Daisy the Dancing Donkey for 2009.

That is a brilliant song, I love it! Did it really not get through?

peejay1986 wrote: »
    That is a brilliant song, I love it! Did it really not get through?

I know the guy now and he's getting quite a fan base going, there are a bunch of people in an uproar because they felt it is just what they need, something Irish , written by and sung by the artist and it is uplifting. It's also an allrounder for other celebrations as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Wheels

When you say 'bunch' of people I assume you mean his family and maybe local shop keeper?? It sounds like every failed rubbish song we sent in the 90s mixed with the Glenroe theme.

• Advertisement

Thank you for your comment,

The usual bunch yes but also a quickly growing network who would just like to have more of a say than Dustin the Turkey's manager did. I don't think there's any real danger of anything like that being successful anyway, many people seem to love it whether or not it's a Eurosong. I only posted it for interest, no offence to auditory senses intended.

I'll leave it there now but perhaps you can tell me about your entry of earlier days. Can I hear it somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Neil Hannon, bitches.

You know it makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Dave McSavage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Kat Slater

Gareth Nugent should have got a look in at least. The song isn't fantastic but it's a hell of a lot better than last year's Eurosong entries. He's also a good vocalist, I recognize him after he came second on Nollaig No 1. Will be interesting to see what they end up with for entries - can't be long now till they're revealed???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭robo

Neil Hannon, b*tches.

You know it makes sense.
    My lovely horse!!! It would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭tintin67

Fresh from RTE. This year's Eurovision entry will again be Dustin the Turkey. But as a change from last year's entry "let's all take the piss out of you very poor East Europeans who really take this thing seriously cos we are the rich Irish, the new cocks of Europe" it will have Dustin down on his knees in front of the Community Welfare Officer praying for the few euro to pay the ESB bill. Set to music obviously.

tintin67 wrote: »
    Fresh from RTE. This year's Eurovision entry will again be Dustin the Turkey. But as a change from last year's entry "let's all take the piss out of you very poor East Europeans who really take this thing seriously cos we are the rich Irish, the new cocks of Europe" it will have Dustin down on his knees in front of the Community Welfare Officer praying for the few euro to pay the ESB bill. Set to music obviously.

Hopefully Dustin ended up on the Christmas Menu in RTE canteen. Bet he sang all the way to the oven!

So is everyone happy with the Irish finalists then?

i only see a few of the songs, one contestant is latvian, does that not defeat the purpose of the competition? her song is decent, but like compete for latvia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭EnigmasWhisper

ddddd wrote: »
    After extremely disappointing recent results I am trying to find who would be Irelands best representative with the biggest chance of winning !!!

Could it be Samantha Mumba?? Laura Izibor?? Leona Daly?? Brian McFadden?? Or should we just withdraw from the competition altogether?

Open to any suggestion!!!

Typical Ireland. The panal to pick Irelands entry consists of Linda Martin, a washed up 'star' and Louis Walsh. Not to mention that their dear friends Ronan Keating (whom Louis managed in westlife), Shay Healy (who wrote songs for Linda) and Phil Coulter (who is great friends of both judges) have all submitted songs to the competition this year! Its pathetic, and a disgrace that we must yet again accept such blatant cronyism. What a sham of a contest and so unfair to the hundreds of talented songwriters who enetered their songs into this years competition. Why do tax payers accept this crap ?

Advertisement