Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remember Golden Axe?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

lmao,brings back memories :-).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Excellent stuff. Right from the golden age of gaming. What a video.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Superb. That brings me right back. Often played it 2-player on my old 386 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Good find! Brings back memories...Loved those little guys with the bags but they were sometimes heartbreaking

"just kick the little fcuker!"

Favourite part of GA was getting a dragon though!

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I used to love that game.....think i will have to dig out the megadrive to play it soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

He's lost a lot of muscle mass since the late 80's. Anabolic steroid protein shakes and a stint in the gym should help matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

great game. the cartridge it came on for the mega drive was a classic alright. im sure it was one of them 3-in-1's, and me thinks shinobi was one of the others on it. ya just don't get value like that with today's titles!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

great game. the cartridge it came on for the mega drive was a classic alright. im sure it was one of them 3-in-1's, and me thinks shinobi was one of the others on it. ya just don't get value like that with today's titles!! :p

Yeah, that was Revenge of Shinobi, Golden Axe and Streets of Rage. It was bundled with teh Megadrive after it was a couple of years on the market. Needless to say they were all sold separately first:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I had the idea of making something like this, And i checked youtube to make sure nobody else didn't have the idea. :(
    And they happen to be two Irish lads with the exact same idea as me! But i was more along the lines of doing it on O'Connells Street!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    I had the idea of making something like this, And i checked youtube to make sure nobody else didn't have the idea. :(
    Hey, nothing stopping you.
    You could post it as a video response :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Hey, nothing stopping you.
    You could post it as a video response :D

I could still, But it would have to be better than the one them lads made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

And that's a tall order because... ? :)
    There's a lot you could do with the sound fx... maybe mount the camera on a bike or wheelbarrow to get a smoother camera movement.
    Include the blinking arrow for when it's time to start moving again.
    Work in some trampoline-launched flying kicks!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

Ah, Golden Axe. Party like it's 1991.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Jbrow

stannis wrote: »
    Ah, Golden Axe. Party like it's 1991.

Or like its 2008,
    Golden Axe: Beast Rider is out at the end of the year!!!
    Golden axe next gen style, awesome:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Vyse wrote: »
    Yeah, that was Revenge of Shinobi, Golden Axe and Streets of Rage. It was bundled with teh Megadrive after it was a couple of years on the market. Needless to say they were all sold separately first:)

I had the 5-1. had italia 90 and super hangon too!

Great vid, love the walking into the tree. Lovedmaking truces in coop to share the bottles and we always fpught for em anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Oh my God... ...Thanks for that! Good way to start a lazy Sunday with a smile :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

Argh, only the first minute would load up :( Great idea though lol.

Man I remember Goldenaxe - I had it for the ZX Spectrum+ (48k)... Ah those were the days...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Brilliant...brings back memories of completing golden axe in the arcade and getting that special ending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

I got it on Xbox Live recently.
    It was a little disappointing.
    Not a great idea to play old computer games.
    They never live up to the memories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

jimbo78 wrote: »
    I got it on Xbox Live recently.
    It was a little disappointing.
    Not a great idea to play old computer games.
    They never live up to the memories.

Yeah true, although some classics will be great forever. Doom..etc.. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭DenMan

Gilius Thunderhead...The Dwarf, what a champion. I used to love picking him, he was my favorite character. The thing I didn't like about Golden Axe III was he was an unplayable character from the start. Was he accessible via cheat or completing the game under a certain amount of time?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

What was ever the big deal about GoldenAxe?
    I never liked it, I tried, gods knows I tried but, nope, it's still dung.

Only sidescrolling beat'em ups I liked were Aliens in the arcade and Batman Returns on the Snes.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Great video, great game. Would love to see more of that sort of thing.

On Golden Axe:
    One of my all time favourites and an automatic play whenever I see it anywhere on any format. Also, Tyris Flare was one of the first female game characters I fancied ;)
    "The villiage was on the back of a giant turtle..."

Advertisement