Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Radio slot cover

Options
  • 07-07-2008 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I have a double din radio slot in my car with a single din radio installed.
    What could I get to cover the exposed slot?
    Maybe something cheap off ebay? I'm not sure what to look for when searching.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

What car is it for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

6th gen Toyota Celica

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

tuxy wrote: »
    6th gen Toyota Celica

You can pick up a bit that turns it into a single din, and will have the extra half as the double din as a storage compartment. You should get it on ebay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭OMcGovern

Hi,

you're in luck, I've a 6th gen Celica and am in the middle of the same stereo replacement. So I can at least give you some tips.

I bought this single din box from ebay, which also says it's good for a Celica. Single din link
    It fits, but I don't like the matt black plastic colour, the tray was stiff to slide out. It also has "free box" written in white on the front.
    So, it "works" but was pricey for a piece of moulded plastic.
    I wouldn't necessarily recommend that one.
    Ps. The actual DIN slot in a Celica is not horizontal, it's about 30 degrees off.

Then, there was the stereo wiring.
    The 6th gen Celica doesn't have standard ISO connections.
    But I found this wiring adapter which done the job nicely.
    Celicea to ISO Wiring adapter ebay link

When I tried fitting a new stereo in I had horrible trouble physically fitting both the stereo and din tray. They were just too big for the fascia.
    I'm not sure which one was at fault though.

Also, I didn't disconnect the battery before working on the stereo.
    So 2 hours of plugging and unplugging somehow discharged the battery and I had to get the AA to come out to jump start it.

Ps. the wiring adapter and stereo seemed to work fine, it was just the fitting which was troublesome.

regards,
    Owen

Advertisement