Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quayside toilets...free?

Options
  • 07-07-2008 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭

I was in there this morning and the table wasn't there with the woman charging, also the sign was missing from the wall that says 30 cent to use the toilet.
    So I'm wondering are they free now??
    Or did I just pick a good morning.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

god that would be nice.

or maybe they realised that paying her to sit there wasn't making them any money? You'd need what, 30 people an hour to go through in order to make back her wage?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Are there any public toilets in the town? The small compact mobile ones you pay for? (Portaloos), like these guys.

313331958_f364207453.jpg?v=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Best thread ever! :D

Best thread ever! :D

Yes it is rather good isn't it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

DenMan wrote: »
    Are there any public toilets in the town? The small compact mobile ones you pay for? (Portaloos), like these guys.

313331958_f364207453.jpg?v=0

I know there is one like that half way up Knocknarea if thats any good...?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

magnumlady wrote: »
    I was in there this morning and the table wasn't there with the woman charging, also the sign was missing from the wall that says 30 cent to use the toilet.
    So I'm wondering are they free now??
    Or did I just pick a good morning.

Toilet payments really bug me - you pay the same no matter what you go in there for. I mean - 30 cent for a quick whizz & the same price for a a big smelly dump is hardly what I'd call "fair pricing". If it were Ryanair controlling the system, I'm sure there'd be some coallation to volume and / or weight. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

The thing that bugs me about having to pay is that even if you are having something to eat in one of the cafes in the centre you still have to pay.
    I thought there was a law that said if you provide food and drink you have to provide a toilet.....you can tell I don't get out much :D

there aren't any portaloos that I know of, but there's a nasty looking public loo facility up beside gilhooley hall. I wouldn't though....Also lolz at starbelgrade!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Theres another free toilet on the ground floor of Quayside shopping centre, (on the quay street side)beside the little fleet of coffee shops on the right before you get to Next. ;)

tuppence wrote: »
    Theres another free toilet on the ground floor of Quayside shopping centre, (on the quay street)beside the little fleet of coffee shops on the right before you get to Next. ;)

Thanks for that. You have to visit the loo before you head to Next...as you would. :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Thanks for that. You have to visit the loo before you head to Next...as you would. :)
    Mightn't visit the loo but cant get round (visiting) Next! :rolleyes: :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

Couldn't get over having to pay, especially with the table and all, it was like you were getting admission to something special....and that was a disappointment! But if they go ticketmaster I would book just to see!

Imagine with a downturn in retail sales... will it increase orfall in price, you never know with this one.

Couldn't get over having to pay, especially with the table and all, it was like you were getting admission to something special....and that was a disappointment! But if they go ticketmaster I would book just to see!

Imagine with a downturn in retail sales... will it increase orfall in price, you never know with this one.

AHA! In my quest to find a business idea, I think this is the one! Forget the sex tourism idea - I'm now going to set up an "Easy Pass" system whereby you purchase a pre-paid pass card for public toilets that charge - along the lines of the new system for Dublin's M50. No more searching for change, no more queing in line... just swipe your Easy Pass on the way in & the world's your oyster (well, the toilet's yr oyster anyway). Each time you use the pass, you clock up "frequent dumper points" which can be redeemed for free gifts such as a squirt of perfume or aftershave, or use of the luxury soap. Genius. :D

AHA! In my quest to find a business idea, I think this is the one! Forget the sex tourism idea - I'm now going to set up an "Easy Pass" system whereby you purchase a pre-paid pass card for public toilets that charge - along the lines of the new system for Dublin's M50. No more searching for change, no more queing in line... just swipe your Easy Pass on the way in & the world's your oyster (well, the toilet's yr oyster anyway). Each time you use the pass, you clock up "frequent dumper points" which can be redeemed for free gifts such as a squirt of perfume or aftershave, or use of the luxury soap. Genius. :D

Thats brilliant, we are just thinking of what to call the card now:D

Theres another free toilet on the ground floor of Quayside shopping centre, (on the quay street side)beside the little fleet of coffee shops on the right before you get to Next. ;)

Thanks for that, I never knew about it:D

magnumlady wrote: »
    Thats brilliant, we are just thinking of what to call the card now:D

Instead of the "Eaze Card", I present .... "The Peezee Card". :D

Good one:D

Is that actually for the public? Not that I'm against making use of Next's facilities or anything, just wondering.

That's always handy to know. Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I was just gonna name it the Easy Piss instead of the Easy Pass... but to each their own :P

They do seem to be free. And the womens' toilets have fabulous hand dryers that you stick your hands into from above and remove slowly, kind of like those top to toe decontaminators in the films. Dry me up scotty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

Xiney wrote: »
    They do seem to be free. And the womens' toilets have fabulous hand dryers that you stick your hands into from above and remove slowly, kind of like those top to toe decontaminators in the films. Dry me up scotty!

Ah the Dyson blade. Best dyson invention since the Dyson hoover in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

First to scrawl "Boardz woz ere" on the wall gets a free Peezee Pass.

Advertisement