Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question re updating maps

Options
  • 07-07-2008 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

From doing a bit of research on here regarding my Airis T920 it seems i am limited to what updated maps are available because my satnav is the older model. IF this is the norm with satnav makers whats the shelf life before they normally stop making maps to suit your unit.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The more mainstream the unit the longer you will be able to get updates. In plain English Garmin and Tom Tom units can be upgraded for many years, you'll either lose it or buy a more advanced unit before you run out of upgrade options.

I have a Garmin Legend C and while it's now three versions behind in terms of map versions (it's at V7), I could buy an upgrade to the current version but it's not really worth my while because I also have a Nuvi 250 for the car and that's at the current version (V10 aka 2008).

Moral: steer clear of obscure brands if you want to be able to upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Cheers;)

Advertisement