Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CD Drive opens constantly

• 07-07-2008 9:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

My CD drive opens constantly. I thought it might be a virus. I did a full system scan and still nothing. I resorted to formating my OS partition and re-installing windows XP pro. As soon as the installation started after the format the drive opened again. What does this mean? Is it hardware or still virus related. The drive stays closed when in the bios. But opens when windows starts to boot up.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I would struggle to see how software could cause this.
    Have you taken out the drive and replaced it with an alternate? They slide right out super easy. I bet it's a hardware problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,961 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

i assume youve checked the drive physically: the power and cable, and what about the eject button itself? Remove it from the case and have a good check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭R3al

QuadLeo wrote: »
    As soon as the installation started after the format the drive opened again.

Its highly unlikely to be a software issue if you have formatted the drive correctly, sounds like a faulty CD Drive to me

Advertisement