Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Suggestions for new car

Options
  • 07-07-2008 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

Hello all,

I notice that there is a big swing towards diesel cars now. I basically need a car thats more fuel efficent than my current car. I have a 2005 1.4 fiat stilo petrol. I travel about 120 kilometers per day, 5 days a week too and from work so the guts of 600 kilometers per week. Maybe 20 kilometers per day would be classed as city driving conditions and the rest is on the motorway. Ive clocked up about 45,000mls so far.

Could anyone point me towards a good reliable fuel efficent car. My price range would prob be around 8000 plus the value of my current car.

Thanks lads

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Nam_Man

Ford Mondeo Zetec TD... High tax bracket €166 3 per Mths period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭steamjetjoe

Nam_Man wrote: »
    Ford Mondeo Zetec TD... High tax bracket €166 3 per Mths period.

nice one, Ill check it out:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,585 ✭✭✭✭kippy

As a matter of interest how much is that 600 costing you (how many litres of Fuel)?
    I personally dont believe any mondeo is going to have running costs less that what you have already, taking car tax, efficiency and higher insurance costs into account. If you really are looking to cut out on running costs you need to look at something like this:
    Citroen C2 1.4HDi

5.1l/100km or 55.3mpg urban
    3.6l/100km or 78.4mpg extra urban
    4.1l/100km or 68.8mpg combined

Also have a look here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054989226

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭steamjetjoe

I think I put about 50 - 55 euro petrol a week into it. Its a 6 speed so I think it helps alot in fuel consumption.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,585 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I think I put about 50 - 55 euro petrol a week into it. Its a 6 speed so I think it helps alot in fuel consumption.
    Thats pretty good in fairness.....
    Kippy

• Advertisement
Advertisement