Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of flight with Aer Lingus..

Options
  • 07-07-2008 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Apologies in advance if this has been asked before - i've used the search but don't seem to be coming up with anything.

I need to change a flight with aer lingus which i see from their site i can do for a cost of €35 each way per person. But i don't yet know what my alternate dates are.

Does anyone know how much notice you must give to alter a flight?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Hi,

Apologies in advance if this has been asked before - i've used the search but don't seem to be coming up with anything.

I need to change a flight with aer lingus which i see from their site i can do for a cost of €35 each way per person. But i don't yet know what my alternate dates are.

Does anyone know how much notice you must give to alter a flight?

Thanks.
    You will pay €35 plus the difference in price between the original flight and the new flight on the day you change the flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Thanks - hadn't though of that.

I don't mind the extra expense but i'm wondering how close to the flight can i make an alteration?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Base

You can change a flight with Aer Lingus (provided you haven't checked in I assume) up to one hour before departure if you like living on the edge!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Conrad83

I have flights booked to NY in September at cost of 600approx what if i wanted to change these to say somewhere in Europe which would no doubt work out cheaper, would you get money back??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

Conrad83 wrote: »
    I have flights booked to NY in September at cost of 600approx what if i wanted to change these to say somewhere in Europe which would no doubt work out cheaper, would you get money back??

Probably not

You would have to check witHA er Lingus obviously
    but I was under the impression that

a) if you wish to change a flight and that flight is dearer than you original one you pay the difference and the cost of changing,

b) if the flight you are changing to is cheaper than you original flight then you just pay the cost of changing, you do not get anything back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement