Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying a Car Van

Options
  • 07-07-2008 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭

A friends looking to buy a car van he is looking to spend around 5 to 10K. I suggested an open astra van as it give him plenty of space(he's a sparks) and its fairly cheap. Anyone got any other suggestion I'm missing out on.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Christ0pher

For about €10k he'd get a decent '03 '04 Ford Focus 1.8Tddi. I've driven one for 4 years & never had a days trouble. Also the Focus is a great handling car (consistently reviewed as a great handling car/van) & the 1.8 turbodiesel engine has a nice power delivery, and I get about 520 miles to a tank - so fuel bills are not too bad. Enough room in the back for tools and colapsible ladder and stuff too/ ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

How' it for space in the back. Would you fit a smallish step ladder and alot of tools
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Christ0pher

The focus is big enough for a 6ft step ladder (just about). But if he carrying a large ladder with big heavy tools he'd probably be better off with a panel type van. A Berlingo / Transit Connect or similar.

Have you checked out :

http://www.whatvan.ie

Ain't the internet amazing ... ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭woody27

ive a focus van and an astra car and id defo reccomend the focus its a great van, quite a bit of room in the back, ive a collapsable ladder in mine which fits perfect.
    Its a great handler on the road and vry light on fuel dub-cork and back on around 30 euro. The seats are vry comfortable compared to the astra and are great for distance driving, i do about 1400 km a week so i highly reccomend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Em Roof-rack anyone ??? :cool:

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »
    Em Roof-rack anyone ??? :cool:

too noisy them things

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

woody27 wrote: »
    too noisy them things

Quite! Yet they are practical :D

listermint wrote: »
    Quite! Yet they are practical :D

they are great i sometimes drive a vivaro with one and come home nearly deaf, brill for big ladders and 8x4 sheets and stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Currently he using a lancer so anything is bound to be an improvement on size.
    Never heard of whatvan cheers for that. Its 6ft steps so if it fit in a focus that should do. He is a bit fussy about it not being too large like a connect,although I did think it would suit him.
    Thanks

Advertisement