Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT slowdown Castleknock

Options
  • 07-07-2008 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭

Hey guys!

just wondering if there is anyone else in the Castleknock area suffering a massive slowdown on BT?

its a 2mb line i've got and while the router says its connected at 2mb i'm only getting 500-700k throughput. Its been like this for a couple days now....not a happy chappy!!

bp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Calebmcd

This is eircom doing there UPGRADES, it been affecting everybody.

Should only last 4-5 days at most maybe 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Calebmcd wrote: »
    This is eircom doing there UPGRADES, it been affecting everybody.

Should only last 4-5 days at most maybe 7.

How do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Calebmcd

A BT rep told me the problems might be to do with the upgrades.

My connection was back to normal after 4/5 days(cant remember which)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭babypink

well I spoke to BT this morning and the guy said there were no upgrades going on at my exchange that could explain this and that he'd have to escalate it to get an answer.

On a side note I also asked him about the line upgrades going on across the board and apparently speed-bumps are now being delayed for a couple months due to Eircom issues. I did say months there... :-(

Advertisement