Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Thieves

Options
  • 07-07-2008 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Had my car broken into in the Dart car park today. When I reported it to the Garda I was the 4th of the day apparently. Also saw another van that had been broken into,

Anyone on here effected. Apparently the CCTV cameras aren't very good. Why aren't they I ask myself!!

Couldn't be any angrier at the moment - while I'm working hard paying taxes which no doubt go towards these scumbags benefits they are helping themselves to my property!!! Aaagggghhh!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

cgunners wrote: »
    Couldn't be any angrier at the moment - while I'm working hard paying taxes which no doubt go towards these scumbags benefits they are helping themselves to my property!!! Aaagggghhh!!!!

Couldn't agree more but you'll probably get grief from someone for saying such a thing!

It happened a while ago as well. Personally I would be very apprehensive about leaving my car there and try to avoid it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

My Wifes car was stolen from there a few months ago. Haven't used that carpark since and wouldn't recommend it either. In fairness to the Gardai, there is not alot they can do apart from having a permanent person in the car park. The council however have to get their finger out on this and get proper CCTV installed in the carpark. When we reported it to the Gardai, they also informed us that this was a common problem. My impression was that it was almost a daily occurance.

One would be tempted to park in the south Beach car park as it's more open and secure. However, the council won't be long fining you for that privilege!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

The council however have to get their finger out on this and get proper CCTV installed in the carpark.
    Surely, if it's a "park and ride" carpark it's the responsibility of Irish Rail?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Surely, if it's a "park and ride" carpark it's the responsibility of Irish Rail?

its not owned by Irish Rail - it was built by the council with DTO money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

What did they steal?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

loyatemu wrote: »
    its not owned by Irish Rail - it was built by the council with DTO money.

Aaah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 cgunners

Like an idiot I left the front of the stereo in the glove box, so of course they took the stereo. I had the charger to my Tom Tom GPS in the window, so they took that. I also had 3 pairs of designer sunglasses in the glovebox (I know, I'm vein) and they all went.

To be honest, as annoying as losing all the stuff is, the most annoying thing is the damage done to the car. I got a quote today of 750 Euros to fix it!!

I'm fairly new to Greystones, so was probably naive - I suppose you get crime everywhere though, so I should be more careful. I know there will be criticism for leaving stuff in the car, but I just can't accept that by leaving it there I am asking for it to be taken. I know I have to change though!

Advertisement