Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Connecting adjustable wire hub caps

Options
  • 07-07-2008 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi all,
    I don't know much about cars at all & 2 weeks ago someone stole one hub cap from my car (don't know why they were basic cheap ones I bought in Argos). Anyway, I just bought 4 hub caps for €20 - brand is 'Concept Car Products' and within the box is each hub cap is an "adjustable circular wire". These wires are not the complete circles but seem are ones that should be 'tied' or something in order to complete the circle. Does anyone know how to do this or what I should do???

In my current ones (the ones I have 3 of) the wire was complete and simply fitted inside the hub cap!?!

Any help is welcome

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

there are 4 or 5 tabs inside the wheel trim,
    experience_3.jpg

you click the metal rings inside the tabs, the ring then acts as a spring to keep the tabs tight against the wheel

there may be a few different positions to click the rings into depending on how tight you want them to stick, or to acccomodate different wheel shapes. make sure the air valve isn't obstructed by the metal ring, some (like the one pictured) have a curve to clear the valve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 GoJohnnyGo79

Thanks for the reply Colm mcm
    I understand the process you descibe.
    The only thing is that the actual wire that makes the 'metal rings' aren't actually complete circle

I've attached an image - I don't know if is seen now, but if it is image A is just a normal complete circle. B is incomplete i.e. it is not joined to actually make the circle.

The type of wires for these caps is like the 'B' image and must be joined first of all in order to actually complete the circle...
    I know I'm prob. not explaining this correctly...
    Do you know what I mean?? And if so how and what needs to be done???

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

this make sense?

steel_05.jpg

disregard the screws. but see the way the ring is assembled.

Are you sure the ring needs to be joined. any ones I've seen just have an incomplete circle.

wheeltrimvy4.jpg

is there anything included with the rings to actually join them together?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 GoJohnnyGo79

the above image looks something like it alright..
    I didn't notice any screws though!!

I will def. need to take a more careful look at what exactly is in the box

It will be tomorrow by time I get a chance to look - but thanks a million for your help & efforts

Advertisement