Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Intermittent 3 red rings

• 07-07-2008 10:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭

Was playing this evening & the play started to get choppy, turned off the xbox, back on & 3 red rings. Gave it a min. & still 3 red rings. Gave it another 10 mins & it started ok. Got another 30 mins play in and choppy again. Same as before, booted up ok after 10 mins.

Where should I go from here? If I send it in they will start it up & it will look ok. Or will they just automatically send a replacement?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭apoch632

Once it happens its gone. Ring up microsoft, they will replace the motherboard or ezchange the console. Huge thread at the top about 3 rings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,753 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Before ringing anyone, just double check that all connections are properly seated (especially the graphics connection)
    If you try all that and still no joy, give em a ring.
    Kippy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

Exact same thing happened to my eilte last Sunday morning. By the afternoon I got the 3 lights every time I turned it on. Go onto www.xbox.com/support and register it for repair.....UPS picked up mine on Monday afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Just did the register for repair online, how does the UPS thing work as I'm heading away early on Wednesday for 2 weeks, so that only leaves tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Did you opt for the labels to be e-mailed to you? I got my labels via e-mail the following day. Packed it up in a box myself and dropped it into UPS myself. Even though the mail said they were sending a box nothing ever came. That may be just standard text. If you can't drop it off yourself you'll need to ring UPS for a collection,don't know how quick they'll get to you,tomorrow could be cutting it too tight but you never know. I dropped mine off on the 26th and got it back today. A note with the label says it's available for ten days so print it out before your hols cause it may not be available after you get back.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Did you opt for the labels to be e-mailed to you? I got my labels via e-mail the following day. Packed it up in a box myself and dropped it into UPS myself. Even though the mail said they were sending a box nothing ever came. That may be just standard text. If you can't drop it off yourself you'll need to ring UPS for a collection,don't know how quick they'll get to you,tomorrow could be cutting it too tight but you never know. I dropped mine off on the 26th and got it back today. A note with the label says it's available for ten days so print it out before your hols cause it may not be available after you get back.

Yeah, got the labels this morning in an email. Will pack it up (never thought I'd be saying that the gf's shoeboxes would turn out handy :D) and send it off, UPS drop off just down the street from me so I'll take it there. Just hope they don't send it back before next Monday as there will be no one at home till then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

Update: According to UPS my xbox was delivered to Microsoft in Frankfurt on Friday. Got an email this morning saying it has been shipped back to me.
    Don't know yet if it's a repair or if they've just replaced the console, but overall happy with the service if I get it back in time for a GRID session on Friday night.

Advertisement