Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting my first flying lesson in the next few weeks - 2 questions?

Options
  • 07-07-2008 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

The plan is to get the lesson in a chopper.

I've never been up in a small aircraft before so would I be better off going up in a fixed wing cessna or similiar to get a feel of what's it like to fly in a small vessel.

Second question is should I go for the hour or a half hour.

The half hour is 250 and a full hour is 400.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

Nah start in the heli, they're all good fun!:) And the hour definitely, between briefs and all the rest you won't feel the time going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 G-CBHV

The Heli will be more comfortable for your first flight with regards to new sensations turbulence and the like. Fixed wing bounces about much more. But as you can see they also cost a fortune and with current AvGas prices will only get more expensive.

Work, just out of curiosity, where are you doing the training??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

darragh-k wrote: »
    Work, just out of curiosity, where are you doing the training??

Probably executive helicopters or something unless you know of anywhere cheaper that's not too far away?

Probably executive helicopters or something unless you know of anywhere cheaper that's not too far away?

Nice one, and when are you doing it? I'll be over at the airport on Thursday. And no, afraid not!:(

• Advertisement

Nice one, and when are you doing it? I'll be over at the airport on Thursday. And no, afraid not!:(

Haven't booked anything yet but soon!

Cool, well the best of luck with it!

Cool, well the best of luck with it!

Thanks very much. I'll let you all know how I get on...If I was going in the R44 I might bring one or two for the experience but it's just the two seater R22 I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

i've done 4 lessons in a cessna 172.
    Never tried the heli but i can certanly reccomend the fixed wing lessons although the price has gone up:(

Thanks very much. I'll let you all know how I get on...If I was going in the R44 I might bring one or two for the experience but it's just the two seater R22 I'm afraid.

Ya them R44's are by no means cheap!

And Mweelrea, where are you training?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

or something unless you know of anywhere cheaper that's not too far away?

Baldonnel ha ha They will pay you to fly! Who ever knew that!:P Seriously though you will have fun in the Robinson especially when she is brought into the hover, maybe an autorotation at EICM too if your lucky. Either way enjoy.

Advertisement