Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem logging into some sites

• 07-07-2008 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

hey!

Lately my pc wont connect to my bebo site or my gmail or hotmail accounts....the sign in page appears but once i enter my password and user name and enter it, it says the connection has failed! it doesnt even reach the sign in page on my gmail account

I dont understand what it could really be because my msn works fine with tthe same password, it fails to connect on both firefox and internet explorer. Its not the firewall on my computer or the proxy settings. Other websites such as myspace, boards etc all work fine....just bebo, hotmail and gmail

I would really appreciate it if someone could give me any ideas on whats wrong and how i could fix it!

Thanks alot!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

All the sites you mentioned use a high amount of cache.

Try clearing the cache in both browsers

Firefox:
    Tools -> Clear Private Data. Make sure Cache is ticked.

IE7:
    Tools -> Internet Options -> Delete Browsing History.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 popetony

stevire wrote: »
    All the sites you mentioned use a high amount of cache.

Try clearing the cache in both browsers

Firefox:
    Tools -> Clear Private Data. Make sure Cache is ticked.

IE7:
    Tools -> Internet Options -> Delete Browsing History.

thanks for that.....i tried what you sid but its still no good!!!

Advertisement