Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wake On LAN over internet with Netopia 3347NWG

Options
  • 07-07-2008 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has anyone got this working. The router needs to pass broadcast messages from the WAN to the LAN, but I can't find anything in the router setup.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Try forwarding the WOL port to your internal network's broadcast ip address. You should then be able to send the WOL packet to your router from anywhere on the network to get it to work.

The only problem with this is that some home routers don't allow you to do this, their idiot filters wrongly presume you don't know what you're doing. Netgear are a pain for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Cionnfhaolaidh

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I can't define a custom IP forward on this router, it only allows me to choose from a list of IPs already live on the LAN :rolleyes:

Does anyone know if there any unofficial firmwares for this router that can unlock some of its features? Google doesn't reveal much.

Advertisement