Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned?

Options
  • 07-07-2008 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭

I was banned a few wks ago from gigs and events for posting about a starting time at a gig one wknd in punchestown without mentioning who or what.

Tonight iv seen two threads relating to a gig this wknd and they havent been even warned.

How is this fair?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I'm STILL banned from there. In fairness, I see why he did it. I simply didn't realise what I was doing. I didn't read the charter.

Still.... let me back in. I said sorry... :(

Anyhoo Jemmy, mods prob just haven't seen them yet. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

MizzLolly wrote: »
    I'm STILL banned from there. In fairness, I see why he did it. I simply didn't realise what I was doing. I didn't read the charter.

Still.... let me back in. I said sorry... :(

Anyhoo Jemmy, mods prob just haven't seen them yet. :)

I know i got no warning either and i wasnt on long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Have you reported the threads?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Links? I'll go look now.

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Cant see anything obvious... can you give me directions or a link?

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Can we mention certain Kebab Shops?

Jemmy wrote: »
    I know i got no warning either and i wasnt on long.

I know but the warning was in the charter. It was my own fault for not reading it. I don't know why I'm still band though?! :confused: This happened months ago!! I can't even remember who banned me. :o

Anyway, don't worry. Just remember it next time you're posting. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

most of the times if you want a ban lifted after it's been served, a kind pm to the moderator reminding them normally does the trick.

us mods all don't have great memories ;) and since Gigs&Events is a fairly busy forum i'd say it was just forgotten to be lifted, bans don't get lifted automatically, they need to be done by the mod themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

MizzLolly wrote: »
    I don't know why I'm still band though?!
    Normal practice would be to PM the mod who banned you after the ban elapses.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Blah! Not that bothered anyway. Don't even remember who did it.

Was just trying to make Jemmy feel better! :D

Its a scream that if we so much as give someone an infraction here we get a bunch of complaints about "freedom of speech" etc... but 2 years on we are still under the shadow of a legal case that hasnt gone away you know but no one seems to care. funny auld world. This thread is closing now as I've dealt with the threads.

DeV.

Addendum: thanks to those who PM'ed me to say they do care but they can't make their feelings known for obvious reasons.

I kinda feel all "duh" now as you'd think that would have occured to me. I cant say any more and I have probably said too much as it is.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement