Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best driver for X-fi Vista 64bit

• 08-07-2008 12:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, I'm doin a re-install tomorrow when my gpu arrives and I've no idea what driver i need for the X-fi, What are you folks using on 64bit Vista? I'm nearly sure I've been using Daniel_K's DDL unlocker up to now to give me all the functions I had in Xp, but then Creative released a proper driver shortly afterwards that was supposed to fix the issues. Is it any good? What would You guys recommend I use?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I'm using the latest official driver from creative. Works fine tbh although I've not used it in XP so can't say what's different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Do you have the console like in this pic?

xfivolumenw1.gif

or just the basic audio console like this:

console_01.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

i've been using the latest creative drivers and yes it does have the fancy looking console, although I've found I get a popping sound in some games when I have the gaming console selected though so I usually just leave it on the movie console setting, which works good when you enable EAX in games with alchemy

Thanks L31mr0d,
    is it the beta's your using? its all that i can seem to find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I have the basic audio console you posted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

same with me, got the older console using latest releases whql drivers.

But i had the fully functioning fancy console with Daniel_K's DDL unlocker, fully functioning EAX and CMSS3D. Looks like I'm going with that again. Damn You Creative and your craptacular drivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

you need to get the driver and then the seperate "console launcher" application

Advertisement