Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another (Thats 1) Year Later and Deeper in S**t

Options
  • 08-07-2008 12:42am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

On the 30/06/2007 this ICE thread was started

On the 02/07/2007 this 3 thread was started

On the 09/07/2008 , over one year later , Comreg have done absolutely nothing about these scumbags and their practically non existent services .

Nor have Comreg investigated or censured then in all that time.

Nor have Comreg attempted to close down these fraudulent operations for non performance .

I feel we should all mail our thanks to info@comreg.ie and tell them what a fantastic job they are doing !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

comreg is a powerless organisation, theyre there because every country is supposed to have one, other than the name existing forget about them doing absolutely anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

it really is atrocious that the 3 thread i started a year ago is still running and people are still posting daily in it about how terrible the "service" is
    every new service has teething problems but these guiys have completely taken the piss

I felt so happy going into the aib last week and telling the nice girl to cancell my direct debit to 3 so i would never have to give them another cent for the rest of my life

I really was buzzing,it was a weight off my shoulders and using better interenet now from a better supplier and its like night and day

can download something in under an hour now that once took 48 hours on the 3 network

using the internet as it was meant to used without evvery page having to be clicked 20 times etc just to get it to open

when the new dsl was installed i briefly thouoght about keeping the 3 modem in case of ever having to go back on their network in emergencies or such but quickly decided against it
    I came to the conclusion that id rather go without an internet connection than use that sad excuse for an isp ever again

its a pity that they can get away with selling more of them,they should be made give every user a minimum speed or bandwidth and not be allowed sell more modems in areas which are already crippled during peak times

I have advised more people than i can count to stay away from 3 and their non existant service and will continue to do so

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Calebmcd

I'll feel the same way in 5 months time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Nor have Comreg attempted to close down these fraudulent operations for non performance .

I agree completely Spongebob but there is one thing that can easily be forgotten, most of the people who have chosen to stay on 3 have no other choice. Its a sad situation but if they weren't there they would be on dialup.

The one thing I wish people realize is if they have another option and 3 or ice or any others for that matter are failing to provide a service fit for purpose YOU ARE WITHIN YOUR RIGHTS TO CANCEL THE CONTRACT. I can't emphasize this enough if they aren't providing what they should be, don't take any **** and get your contract canceled. For the unlucky people who have no other choice but stay I feel sorry for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Well look at it this way.

Many of us here on boards are the "go to guy" when someone needs
    their pc fixed or wants advice when purchasing a new laptop etc...:cool:

I must have advised more than 20 people at this stage, never to touch
    the "3" service.

I'm sure many of you have seen the thread and also in the same way
    as me, advised people against it.

I can only hope that all the advice from this forum hurt their sales in
    a noticeable way ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

deperate people + contracts :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

To be fair I don't think it's Comreg's job to deal with many of the issues people are facing with their ISPs. Comreg's role is more about ensuring frameworks and policys are in place, allowing for competition etc. I would suggest that if people feel that they are paying for a service which they are not recieving, they should really be trying to tackle it through consumer law, and I would suggest that they contact the NCA for more information.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

lmimmfn wrote: »
    comreg is a powerless organisation

Biggest Irish urban myth in a long time. ComReg do have powers. Plenty of them. They just don't exercise those powers.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Comreg has the power to prevent services that both regularly go below 250kbps speed and regularly above 100ms RTT latency from being marketed as Broadband. The absolutely don't have to count them as Broadband in their Penetration figures, no-one is making them do that and it is contrary to OECD, FCC and EU practice.

Yes these are always on (or at least flat rate) services better than Dialup, but that does not make them Broadband. Flatrate 2channel ISDN is better than many of these and consistant.

Why still no true flat rate dialup (analogue, 1ch ISDN or 2ch ISDN)? Why not at least such an always on service for those that fail DSL? Analogue 33k to ISDN 200k can be always on and flat rate if the Telco desires. Such services would be better in some cases than alleged Broadband products that some people are sold.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

What's also disappointing is that surely many of the journalists who cover bb read this forum and are only too well aware of the problems people encounter with these companies. Why do we never see anything about it in their columns?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

non-Tech publications generally are not interested and the Irish Tech journals appear to reprint Adverts and Press releases.

PC mags, Irish or otherwise have followed the route of HiFi Mags. They are now about blue lit fans and Web 2.0 cloud pointless apps and meaningless benchmarks.

watty wrote: »
    non-Tech publications generally are not interested and the Irish Tech journals appear to reprint Adverts and Press releases.

PC mags, Irish or otherwise have followed the route of HiFi Mags. They are now about blue lit fans and Web 2.0 cloud pointless apps and meaningless benchmarks.

There are regular items in the nationals about bb and I am sure the journalists who write them visit here for their research.

I would expect that the people who read the tech journals would already be famiiar with the various bb issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

watty wrote: »
    non-Tech publications generally are not interested

I disagree, I think more likely they don't want to offend anyone who may advertise in their papers.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

paulm17781 wrote: »
    I disagree, I think more likely they don't want to offend anyone who may advertise in their papers.

I would tend to agree, I will say that that TodayFM and the last word don't seem to be afraid to bring up the issue from time to time.

But no paper or IT website will start a compaign against any of these telco providersd because it will affect their advertising revenue in the long term.

Even the local free paper in Waterford is VERY unlikely to touch on any issues Three customers may have because about two weeks ago they had the whole frontpage as a Three Broadband advert!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

stevenmu wrote: »
    To be fair I don't think it's Comreg's job to deal with many of the issues people are facing with their ISPs. Comreg's role is more about ensuring frameworks and policys are in place, allowing for competition etc. I would suggest that if people feel that they are paying for a service which they are not recieving, they should really be trying to tackle it through consumer law, and I would suggest that they contact the NCA for more information.

Plenty of people in the 3 megathread contacted the nca about their issues, and nothing was done about it and nothing could be done about it by them.
    There really needs to be minimum acceptable standards brought in. 3 advertises upto 3.6mbit broadband when users rarely get a third of it and usually a hell of a lot less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

tbh im getting 1.5 megs on vodafone 90% of the time on 3G

Thats pretty awesome :)

Tried 3 , the couldnt get a connection l0l not even a gprs ;)

This is all in dublin too at late hours

Cabaal wrote: »
    I would tend to agree, I will say that that TodayFM and the last word don't seem to be afraid to bring up the issue from time to time.

But no paper or IT website will start a compaign against any of these telco providersd because it will affect their advertising revenue in the long term.

Even the local free paper in Waterford is VERY unlikely to touch on any issues Three customers may have because about two weeks ago they had the whole frontpage as a Three Broadband advert!

I am not suggesting thata they start a campaign laudable as that might be.:rolleyes:

However surely there is nothing to stop them referring to the problems that people are demonstrably having when writing the 'general' types of article about broadband?

Advertisement