Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VEC or Council?

Options
  • 08-07-2008 12:49am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Have to apply for the maintenance grant, and i'm unsure as to whether i apply to the VEC or the local council. I'm going to DIT to complete the last two years of a level 8 degree, (have the level 7 degree already from CIT).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

As far as I know- just from personal experience- VEC's cover grants for ITs while councils cover Universities. I think this is set to change in the next few years though. The VEC in Clare is in the process of taking charge of all grant applications but for this year the council is still processing applications for those going to universities. I could be wrong in your situation though as its a level 8 qualification you are going for. Just ring the relevant bodies and ask- I have found them to be extremely helpful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Mr Tim Buktoo

the vec in clare dont even have the forms yet for some bloody reason!

Yeah someone mentioned that in another thread Tim, there's been some delay involved in the forms being given out. There are sample ones available here which would give you some idea of what's required, but if there's a longer delay and there are problems getting some of the documentation together make sure to ask the VEC if it would be OK to get an extension on the time (Since the deadline is the 29th of August).

Advertisement