Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

deleting posts

Options
  • 08-07-2008 1:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hey, your website is a great facility but can you please make it easier for us visitors to delete previous posts?? Surely the software is there to make a single mouse click that will eliminate all previous posts.

A rock band is a typical example here. We post ads for a male singer and then suddenly realise that a female singer would better suit our material. So we advertise for a female singer and she looks up our previous posts for a male singer and is left confused and understandably wondering "what the hell is going on here?".

If this female singer sees no previous posts for a male singer, then she feels someway "targetted" and wanted. But when she sees previous posts aimed specifically at a male singer, she is bound to feel short-changed and like an afterthought. When she reads some 20 plus posts for a male singer, (and notwithstanding that the said band are now looking for a female singer), she`s going to be switched off quicker than a lightswitch.

Being saddled with previous posts is a major handicap for many of us, as I`m sure other fans of boards.ie will agree. It`s a great site and concept but let`s iron out some of the flaws. Songhound

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You can delete them yourself (Edit->Delete this Message), there is a 48 hr time limit on that though, otherwise a friendly private message to the moderator of the forum and I'm sure they will happily clean up for you.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Boards.ie is a discussion forum, conversation history is implied. It would disrupt flow to allow people to massively delete posts retroactively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 songhound

Thanks Ruu for that info, i like the idea that we can tailor our posts according to our changing requirements. Yeah you`re exactly right, Cult, this site is essentially a discussion forum. And to maintain the flow of any forum, previous posts by contributors greatly help to fill the dotted lines.

But boards.ie also has this secondary role as a recruitment platform, particularly in the field of music. And I and many others have found it excellent to that end. Whether we`re looking for a zany trumpet player or that missing bass player for a 4-piece band, the site has seldom failed us.

Recruiting a band is a completely different bowl of fruit to an ongoing discussion forum. It`s a different "strand" of the site where previous posts can be actually an impediment to that band member you`re trying to recruit. Your present post is all to them, and you`ve no "previous" (0 posts) to confuse them

Advertisement