Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

email servers

Options
  • 08-07-2008 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

Hi i am looking for a email account it cant be any hotmail yahoo gmail etc

I need it to sign up to a site that is very very rarely open this is what they say.

The email address must be valid. Gmail and Hotmail are amongst other free email accounts not allowed. Please use an ISP provider email for the best chance of signup.

I dont have any from my isp any one no any ones i might be able to use ???

Just needs to be one that is not a common one

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

try online.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Which ISPs in Ireland don't offer free email to their own Customers? That should be a sticky!

You need to be online with eircom to create an eircom email account. Then it will work on any ISP connection.

Same applies to IOL/BT, Digiweb etc.. (be online with the appropriate ISP to create a mail account)

so autoreg.eircom.net only works for those connected with eircom.

If you purchase cheap / basic hosting and register a domain then you can have any email address at your own Domain (most suppliers). This can be used via web mail or forward to an existing account. That is a small annual cost and the domain/email address can be moved to a different supplier

thus various mail boxes at domain irishwattystuff dot com and wattystuff dot net work.
    (One is hosted by siteground and the other by digiweb, but either could be hosted by anyone else tomorrow such as hosting365, blacknight etc)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

watty wrote: »
    Which ISPs in Ireland don't offer free email to their own Customers? That should be a sticky!

The following do:
    Perlicoo
    UTV
    IOL
    BT
    Eircom
    Smart
    NTL

not sure about the rest but there ain't too many who don't afaik

Write a sticky up for me and I'll add it :)

I find having your own domain for a small fee is best option, I have cabaal.org and myname.com and various other domains, very easy use them with the likes of GMail also :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I've no idea personally who doesn't.

You can add Digiweb to your "Does" list above. Though the signup seems to have vanished on the new web site.

I've experimented with "self hosting" a domain and email in the past and I think it's a thoroughly bad idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I've no idea personally who doesn't.

You can add Digiweb to your "Does" list above. Though the signup seems to have vanished on the new web site.

IBB don't afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daffy_duc

IBB do. You've just gotta call them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

daffy_duc wrote: »
    IBB do. You've just gotta call them.

interesting, no mention of it on the site or webspace..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

so autoreg.eircom.net only works for those connected with eircom.

If you look around the autoreg site there's a way to register without being a customer ;)

Advertisement