Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beach Party

Options
  • 08-07-2008 6:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭

OK well thats the plan! Weather depending etc etc.

Has anyone good ideas as to what are the essentials for a good beach party. I'm organising one for my birthday. It will be very informal. Hopefully lots of people.Any ideas on how to creat a good buzz? Or have any tips for keeping the atmosphere good. I have a slight worry that if we are on a beach people will group off and the atmosphere will be killed. Not going to spend much. I will supply alcohol and music and maybe some food.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Now are we talking a beach party theme at home or an actual party on a beach ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

c - 13 wrote: »
    Now are we talking a beach party theme at home or an actual party on a beach ?

Party on the beach!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

There are plenty of gaden games suitable for the beach - tesco even have some.

Beach / Garden tennis, limbo dancing, giant jenga, giant hopscotch(esp after a few!!) - all relatively cheap in the sales. Argos / Atlantic & homebase also carry a selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Main thing is make sure that its all good and legal for the beach your heading to. Otherwise you risk being told to shag off.

A central point where the beer/food is will stop people from wandering too far.

Seconded with mcaul on the games selction.

Try to keep people who are sloshed away from the water at all costs. It seems to attract drunk people like nothing else and could end in disaster.

Most importantly clean up after ye're selves !

Advertisement