Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long (5m) RCA-to-RCA Cable - Where from?

Options
  • 08-07-2008 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

Hello again Galway peoples :p

I need to get a long 2-wire RCA cable (male on both ends) to connect a car stereo to an amp. Problem is I need about a 5m cable. I checked quickly on Maplin's website and they only seem to have 1m ones :( Anyone know where in Galway i'd get one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Give the folk in that car place in the Galway Shopping Centre a shout.

/Edit: I think there's another one of those shops across from Curleys furniture in Parkmore.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Give the folk in that car place in the Galway Shopping Centre a shout.

Bought an antenna in there last week - 25euro for something I could have gotten delivered for 8euro online - Lesson learned!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Ring Eddie Cats, he's got reels of audio cables and I'm sure he could make something up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭the evil belly

i've one going spare if you want it. not sure of the exact length but it goes from my stereo to the boot so i assume it'd do you. should be quick enough to take out of the car if you want it

Cheers lads,
    I may just get a decent quality one online as i've just found out the stereo I ordered has been delivered to the WRONG FECKIN COUNTY and GLS-IRELAND say it'll take them a WEEK to rectify a problem they created. For fcuks sake, how hard is it to read GALWAY on a parcel, how can these people be so retarted? :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭the evil belly

fecking gimps. drop me a pm if you don't have any luck online

Thanks very much belly, appreciate it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

JohnCleary wrote: »
    how can these people be so retarted? :mad:

:P:D

DRakE wrote: »
    :P:D

I know when i've been beaten

*tips hat*

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Bought an antenna in there last week - 25euro for something I could have gotten delivered for 8euro online - Lesson learned!

Say, where would you have ordered from on-line? I've been mightily unimpressed by the prices of things like that around here ...

• Advertisement

JustMary wrote: »
    Say, where would you have ordered from on-line? I've been mightily unimpressed by the prices of things like that around here ...

Forget going online, 8euro for one when I was in Maplin today... compared to 25euro at the place in the Galway SC :eek:

Forgot to say, got the 5m RCA cable today in Maplins as part of an amp install kit... I ended up actually using the other bits that came with it so got good enough value for 24euro (for the kit)

Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

jasus.. i could have made one up for ya for the price of a pint :rolleyes:

jasus.. i could have made one up for ya for the price of a pint :rolleyes:

:eek: And you tell me now, WHY? Hmm, I don't know if i'd trust a JohnCleary pint, might be a bit of the oul rohypnol thrown in there :p

I'll remember for again cheers. TBH I was eager to get the cables in yesterday as I had panels removed etc.

Advertisement