Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hitman for Hire

• 08-07-2008 10:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭

Whats your thoughts on this story?
    (irish times link)

Jury is out, they haven't decided whether they are guilty or not after a day of deliberations, which suggests that the answer isn't clear cut.

Basically what seems to have happened is that a Vegas poker dealer (lets call him walter mitty) put up a "hitman for hire" website and some Clare woman got in touch, wanting her partner and his kids whacked. She paid him €15k, and he bungled a robbery of a few computers from the targets business (and a poster of old Irish money that he thought was worth soemthing lulz). But the whole thing had been monitored, and their unsecured yahoo email addresses were served with a warrant, and Yahoo sang like a canary. Likewise did fedex, and her ISP. Its been shown that she logged into her email address from home at certain time, and also into fedex's site. She can't explain this.

Ages later it goes to court, and both sides have outlandish stories.
    At the moment, it looks like the jury wants to convict one but not the other.
    What do you reckon? Which one are they going to convict?

I'm calling guilty as sin, but hilarious for the sheer incompetency of them both.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I thought you were offering your services :D

Guilty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Guilty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Can they lock her up for stupidity? Using a yahoo email...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Hilarious stuff alright - but only cause nobody died.

I can't wait for the movie.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,592 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Oh man, it has their email addresses on it. Im so spamming them. Actually, I wonder could they do with inheriting USD$50 million from an old Irish king with no family...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

The most unprofessional "hitman" ever... :D

I say GUILTY!!!!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Chilling story.

Although I did laugh when I read the hitman's email was Hire_hitman@yahoo.com.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'd be wary of subjudice.

My suspicion is that she in fact did want it to go ahead, but your man was a small-time bungling scam artist who just wanted to walk away with some cash and no dead people.

There is no way in hell that a real hitman would have arrived in the country and stayed any longer than would ne necessary to kill three people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

€15k per job... not bad. You could make a comfortable living out of it with only few jobs a year, I'm sure you could leave one or two jobs out on your end of year tax returns!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

jester77 wrote: »
    €15k per job... not bad. You could make a comfortable living out of it with only few jobs a year, I'm sure you could leave one or two jobs out on your end of year tax returns!

It's sloppy corner-cutting like this that will get you caught in the long run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

In a country where ye can have a guy capped for a very reasonable price by reputable hitmen she goes and hires in some cowboy in from vegas? Guilty of stupidity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

I could kill for that much money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Homer

Mirror wrote: »
    I could kill for that much money.

PM Sent :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

sounds like a comedy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

There was footage of the Vegas Hitman (lol) on RTE news last night. "Gormless" in human form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Guilty of false advertising, he didn't even do the job he was paid for. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭The Al Lad

I thought you were offering your services :D

Same here, was gonna offer €20 to whack "Lazare"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

The Al Lad wrote: »
    Same here, was gonna offer €20 to whack "Lazare"
    Good day,

May the innumerable peace that Allah brings be and remain with you.
    Concerning your enquiries about my genuinety, sorry maybe you are not aware of my business.
    If you wish to do good business, email me good sir on hire_hitman2@yahoo.com ins'allah we can do business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

On the today fm national lunchtime news one day during the trial, the reporter was talking about essam eid's (sp) reply when asked why he had wigs, hats and balaclavas in his hotel room when it was searched and he said it was because the weather was cold! :D
    i lol'ed for ages.I thought they might say it again on rte news at 6pm but they didnt. anyone else hear it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

seamus wrote: »
    I'd be wary of subjudice.

My suspicion is that she in fact did want it to go ahead, but your man was a small-time bungling scam artist who just wanted to walk away with some cash and no dead people.

There is no way in hell that a real hitman would have arrived in the country and stayed any longer than would ne necessary to kill three people.
    Indeed, sure didn't he approach the son the following day, tell him he'd been hired to kill him and his father and offer to take slightly less than what the mother was paying him to not kill them?

Sure that's how he got caught! He arrived the next day to collect the money to find the Gardaí waiting for him!

I don't think he ever intended to kill them, regardless, I think he was just out to make a quick bit of cash and ended up making an arse of it.

She, on the other hand, had fully intended to kill her family and run off with the money so should be found guilty and sent to prison for a long time.

Knowing the Irish Justice system though, we could end up seeing the son sent to prison and the mother being awarded compensation.

• Advertisement

Rb wrote: »
    I don't think he ever intended to kill them, regardless, I think he was just out to make a quick bit of cash and ended up making an arse of it.
    Indeed, that's my gut feeling. He thought he'd get €115,000 out of some Irish suckers and then return to vegas and lose it all in a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Snapper1

Guilty as charged...

http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0709/ennis.html

The jury in the Ennis murder conspiracy trial has returned a verdict on some of the charges.

Sharon Collins, who had denied she was 'lyingeyes98', has been found guilty of conspiracy to murder her partner and his two sons.

She has also been convicted of soliciting an Egyptian poker dealer to murder her partner and his two sons.

Collins of Kildysart road, Ennis, Co Clare, and Essam Eid from Las Vegas had denied three charges of conspiracy to murder.

Eid has been convicted of extortion and handling stolen goods.

The judge has asked the jury to continue deliberating on the charges of conspiracy against Essam Eid, adding that the court will accept a majority verdict on this charge.

Collins was comforted by family members as the jury of eight men and four women found her guilty on the first charge.

The seven-week trial heard how she searched the Internet for a contract killer and paid a €15,000 deposit to have her partner and his sons murdered.

The jury found Eid guilty of demanding money with menace from Robert Howard and of handling stolen goods.

During the trial, the 45-year-old Ennis woman told the court she was not 'lyingeyes98' - the name of the email account used to hire a hitman.

Looks like it's going the way I thought. He'll be charged with extortion and whatever elese but he had no intention of going through with the killings.

Might also put a rocket up the arse of people who say, "Who cares what I say on the internet? I can just deny that it was me. How would they know?".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,621 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Tis like an episode of Falcon Crest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

i eh know a hitwoman for hire...

PM me for details/price/contracts etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

How long can you get for conspiracy for murder.? What is she looking at?

Its a great story, I can see it on the true movies channel in a couple of years.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Rb wrote: »
    Indeed, sure didn't he approach the son the following day, tell him he'd been hired to kill him and his father and offer to take slightly less than what the mother was paying him to not kill them?

Sure that's how he got caught! He arrived the next day to collect the money to find the Gardaí waiting for him!

She, on the other hand, had fully intended to kill her family and run off with the money so should be found guilty and sent to prison for a long time.

Knowing the Irish Justice system though, we could end up seeing the son sent to prison and the mother being awarded compensation.

RB wasn't a million miles away from the outcome. Sharon Collins get 6 years and the 'hitman' also gets 6 years for extortion.

Her sentence looks on the light side to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

You'd wonder what the sentence would be if it were a man?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Sharon Collins get 6 years and the 'hitman' also gets 6 years for extortion.

Weird how plotting to kill 3 people is deemed on a par with a bit of extortion.

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY did the husband not want her to go to jail????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Calls himself a "Hitman ".:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

I really really dont get the husbands behaviour.

If you're not gonna be pissed off on your own behalf would you not at least be upset that your wife was gonna kill your kids and be angry on their behalf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Sharon Collins, who was convicted of soliciting a man to kill her partner and his two children, has been released from prison.

Sharon Collins was jailed for six years in 2008
    She had been jailed for six years in 2008 in a case known as the ‘Lying Eyes’ trial.
    During her trial the 48-year-old Co Clare woman denied that she was behind an email account titled ‘lyingeyes98’.
    Her co-accused Essam Eid was also jailed for six years for demanding money with menace and handling stolen property.
    His sentence was backdated and he was released last year.
    There was no comment from the prison service on her release but Ms Collins left the women's Dóchas Centre in Mountjoy yesterday.
    She is out on temporary release but is not due to return to the prison ahead of the completion of her sentence in December.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0911/sharon-collins-released-from-prison.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Larry Murphy collected her and took her to the mountains for a picnic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Start a new thread.

And maybe add something resembling an opinion on the story instead of just cutting and pasting from the link article.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement