Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biting your lip?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

Delly ... unless you see a child suffering abuse at the hands of a parent/caregiver its important to learn when to mind your own business. And nothing in your opening post points to child abuse. Not in the slightest.

A newborn could suffer damage from being held in a horizontal position without proper head support ... big big difference between that and a child in a car seat with no head cushion. Big difference.

Ok so its something you feel is important enough to walk up to a stranger in a supermarket about .... personally I would not like to be beside you when you tell someone!!

Makes me wonder how all of us managed when we were using PRAMS for our kids - or for ourselves for that matter!!

Sure there are factors that were ok in our day and not now. Times change. I acknowledge that - both now and in my earlier post. Which is why my youngest child is still using a car seat beyond the age her elder siblings were moved out of them.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

As said this baby was a newborn in a carseat angled up in a trolley. His head was practically resting on his shoulder, if you think thats ok then fine, but I thought it was an obvious bad thing.

double posting for some reason!

Delly ... . I had one of those car seats for my youngest ... I do recall that the head hugger part had to be purchased seperately (it did not match the colour of the seat ... hangs my head in shame ..!)

So perhaps its not so obvious after all? After all if it was an essential part of the seat surely it would be a standard accessory?

As your child grows you will see that babies and children get themselves into all sorts of positions and places and can sleep just about anywhere.

I dont think in all honesty that this child was likely to come to much harm, he was after all within a car seat which - we presume - is designed for newborns. I do think that you are slightly over-reacting in this particular case.

Some of the other examples given in this thread are of a much more worrying type.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Well I happened to learn from an early age from family babies etc, that newborns need head support, in the same way kids need seat belts yet you see people everyday without them.

Look, i get it, your hip etc. for not having head supports. Its something I would consider very important, but to the people who don't maybe ignorance is the best excuse.

• Advertisement
Advertisement