Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU Parliament - Telecoms Package

Options
  • 08-07-2008 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

As I understand it, this legislation is currently at the committee stage. I have yet to see any great publicity about this and wondered if anyone shared my concerns about the proposed amendments?

As I have read at the moment the amendments would be to increase the scope to include monitoring of piracy internet users on a "3 strikes and you're out" basis .

Would this lead to the implementation of an EU-wide internet monitoring framework?

Does the proposed legislation include a fair adjudication, review and compensation system for any piracy claims that are made in error?

I can see that a lot of this is being pushed by various copyright industry lobbyists as from a first glance the proposed bill gives too much power to copyright holders.

I've obviously got a bit more reading to do on this but does anyone have any comments?

Advertisement