Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intercom help needed please

Options
  • 08-07-2008 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

I bought a colour wired video door phone system in B&Q today. I also bought a strike lock system which integrates with the phone door system. Everything is working except for the buzzer/strike lock part. I think I have it wired wrong. What does this symbol in the picture mean?, have I to earth those two wires?. ATM I don't have any wires connected at the bottom of the transformer.

Any help/advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

A plug goes on that end. Basically you connect your live and neutral to the primary side and you get 12v on the secondary side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

Thanks Jnealon, I've now put a plug on it now. But it's just making a clicking noise when I press the buzzer button and it doesn't seem to be opening. Any ideas of the top of your head? :confused::o

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭sparkfireman

hi, can u show me more pictures.....

from that pic if thats the transformer, then the top half is your 230v and the bottom is the 12v.... That doesnt look like a plugtop? Is there a wiring diagram u can scan and show us... it would be alot more helpful

Joe

Thanks Joe. Here are 2 pictures from the manual. The first is from the strike lock manual and the second is from the phone manual.

looking at the first pic, it looks straight forward. Have u the transformer wired directly from ur main cunsumer unit or through a plug? The bottom 2 wires are for the 230v supply, like jnealon said.

So it looks like u jus loop it around and when u press and hold the button it releases the catch and the door can be pushed open....

• Advertisement

I've put a cable (brown/blue) from an old radio directly onto the bottom part of the transformer. See pic (sorry for quality, camera is crap). The plug has 3A fuse in it. How do you mean loop it around? :o

eh, u sure the live (brown) neutral (blue) is the right way round? And also the wires are correct the top 12v end?

The way i mean loop around is that u leave the top of the transformer, to the lock, like the diagram, then leave the lock to the switch, then back to the transformer....

I can't see what the problem is, all the wires are correct. I'll get someone to take a look at it.

Thanks for the help so far guys :)

Advertisement