Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help!!

Options
  • 08-07-2008 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hi all
    we bought a pup from a staff breeder about 14 weeks ago and still no papers every time we call there on the way or we should have them soon!!
    its starting to give me a pain in me
    waiting
    The guy is well up there in the show ring and we just got a tex from him to c if we want a new pup! i think he tex the wrong dude.
    What should i do next?
    how long should i wait for the papers before i talk to my solicitor?
    Thanks smurf:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Tell him you'll report him to the IKC, is he a registered breeder or just some bloke breeding staff's? dont wait any longer

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 smurf32

cowzerp wrote: »
    Tell him you'll report him to the IKC, is he a registered breeder or just some bloke breeding staff's? dont wait any longer

He is registered and anybody into showing staffs would know him thats whats getting to me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Lodge a complaint to the IKC so perhaps give him one last phone call just in case but if no joy then contact the IKC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

IKC without delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

hi, pm me his name if you want, i show my rottie and know a few of the staffie people, can ask them what hes like for you if you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

When I bought my dog 1yr6mths ago, I was waiting nearly 6mths for the papers to come. The breeder told me there was huge delays within the IKC and they are not that speedy in posting out the certs.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

When I bought my dog 1yr6mths ago, I was waiting nearly 6mths for the papers to come. The breeder told me there was huge delays within the IKC and they are not that speedy in posting out the certs.:eek:

I have also heard a number of breeders we went to view puppies with complaining that the IKC were slow with returning paperwork.
    We only got our puppy 2 weeks ago, so I'm not going to complain just yet that we haven't received the papers.
    I trust her, and don't have any plans to breed or show, so I'm not to bothered for now.
    If it does get to a number of months, I will be asking questions, but I'm not going to rush reporting her to the IKC who could be the ones actually causing the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 smurf32

Thanks for the reply
    Thats mad! i never got anything from this guy he told me he would send me the dogs vax card from the vet but he never sent that.....
    I just feel like im getting the longfinger here and dont no what to do next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

smurf32 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply
    Thats mad! i never got anything from this guy he told me he would send me the dogs vax card from the vet but he never sent that.....
    I just feel like im getting the longfinger here and dont no what to do next.

We did at least get the vax cert, and photocopies of both parents pedigree certs, so thats why I trust her.

In your scenario, I would probably be a little more concerned and definitely consider threatening him with contacting the IKC.
    Has the pup been micro-chipped, and if so, were you given the details?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭KhuntChops

Hello,

Let me start by saying I dont think you should report the breeder to the IKC,a friend of mine also breeds staffordshire funnily enough and the pups are now 4 months old and in there new homes and the papers havent arrive back to the breeder yet,she had a few probelms and made a mistake by not having her partner sign the papers so they been sent back,then sent back again to pay for membership,its been nearly 2 weeks since she sent them off (I was with her when she sent them) and nothing,altho she has given vac mircochip certs at the time the pups were been taken to there new homes,she is always in touch with the owners of the pups and has told them everything thats happened,she is not impressed with the ikc and I wouldnt be either! She also showed the owners both parents ikc papers,did your breeder do this? If I was you,id ring him and tell him exactly how your feeling and let him no that if his pulling your leg about the papers etc that your going to report him.

Just dont jump into reporting people when your waiting on your papers onless your breeder is being very sheepish,ive heard of loads of people waiting over 6 months before they get them!

• Advertisement
Advertisement