Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

insure/tax a car bought to sell on

Options
  • 08-07-2008 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi,
    i recently bought a damaged car...got it fixed up and is now ready to sell on.
    what would you advise me to with regards insuring the vehicle and taxing it ?

it could take a week to sell, it could take 3 months......should i insure fully comprehensive for 3 months ? 3rd party , fire and theft ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Unless you plan to drive it there is no need for insurance and tax imo. Buyer will insure and tax it from the purchase day.
    If it parked on public road it does need tax. Parked on private property it does not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Yep, but if the car is worth a lot, insurance might be needed in case of theft.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭snapplejacks

i'll be maybe having to drive it between home (up north) to a location in dublin to a mates for some time. i'll be aiming primarily at the southern market on this sale....a 2007 BMW 320d SE automatic. so i'm concerned with insuring against theft and accident damage

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Then insure it fully and get tax. Do you have a second car? Ask your insurer about having two cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭snapplejacks

yes, i have my own vehicle insured fully comp. I'll get a quote on temporary insurance for this 2nd vehicle.

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement