Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Dot Com

Options
  • 08-07-2008 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,979 ✭✭✭✭

Just thought it was odd

The original irish national carrier, has a shamrock on its logo. Yet when you book a flight with them on the website http://www.aerlingus.com/ The "From" section when your booking, has 9 UK cities shortcut on the list. However you have to scroll all the way down to find Dublin..

Very Small gripe. But thought it was a strange one:confused:

Probably down to busier routes / probably not..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

My "From" list starts Belfast, Cork, dublin etc...

Maybe your accessing it from the UK or the website thinks you are British?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,979 ✭✭✭✭listermint

hmmm, Dam il have to look at my passport :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,979 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Ahh Haa, There is a where are you tab up the top on the left. Mine was set at united kingdom automatically idiot :rolleyes::p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

It's done through IP-Geo Location
    If your work or ISP routes through the UK, it'll appear as UK, Spain if you route through Spain, US if through US, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

Also, while we're on the subject of being patriotic and all the rest with having Irish routes at the top, why can't you get the site in Irish? You can get it in German, Spanish and all the rest, why not Irish if it's an Irish airline who seems to have an Irish theme throughout the website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

darragh-k wrote: »
    Also, while we're on the subject of being patriotic and all the rest with having Irish routes at the top, why can't you get the site in Irish? You can get it in German, Spanish and all the rest, why not Irish if it's an Irish airline who seems to have an Irish theme throughout the website.

TBH: It's probably quite easy to do. I'm involved in translating websites, and it's usually very easy to add a language onto a multi lingual website, but there's the initial translation cost and actual cost of maintaining updates, etc in each language.

Advertisement