Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just a quick question...

• 08-07-2008 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hello folks. I've been flicking through boards for some time now but never posted. I was wondering if anyone knew off the top of their heads if the Southern Brigade will be putting another platoon of recruits together in the near future. I know theres enlistment in cork in 2 weeks but im going to miss that because i picked up a bloody knee injury yesterday while training and its gonna take a few weeks to put right judging by the feel of it. (i passed interview, medical, and pt test earlier in the year).
    I thought id ask ye before i called PMS Office. I appreciate any help you can give me.
    Cheers lads

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 melikedonunts

when you complete everything?Ive just gone threw the process(finished it about 3 weeks ago)and waiting for the call up.they said something taking people on in august,but havnt got a letter yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Ducksanctuary

i did my medical and PT test on the same day in mid april. if you have yours done and passed you'll be notified by post. I'm guessing the timeframe varies with differant groups of recruits. But if im not mistaken theres another intake before christmas *fingers crossed* :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

A guy in my unit did his medical and fitness in April in Collins Bks. He received notification 2 weeks ago. If you've only recently completed the fitness etc it will probably be a bit longer than August. But with these things, you just don't know.

i wouldnt mind waiting for a couple of months but it would be a huge spanner in the works if i had wait till '09 for a place, just because of a simple injury that needs a few weeks rest. either way, i'm gonna stick at it until im accepted/healed.

when you complete everything?Ive just gone threw the process(finished it about 3 weeks ago)and waiting for the call up.they said something taking people on in august,but havnt got a letter yet

Let us know when you get the shout and best of luck with it

• Advertisement
Advertisement