Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrible Eircom Speeds.

Options
  • 08-07-2008 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hi,
    I was wondering if this is a correct result for a 2MB Eircom package.
    Over the last few days I've noticed everything has really slowed down and I was wondering should I be contacting Eircom and giving off?

I'm not too sure what all the Kbs and KBs mean but i don't think it should be this slow.

Any help would be appreciated.....

293502638.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I'm guessing your download should be about 3 times that, maybe more. The upload is ok, depending on your package.

Do you know what package you're on? Either way, get on to Eircon about it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

May I suggest you perform these steps first and then retest
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54381143&postcount=6

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

beats my 3Mb lol
    293332332.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

first off

Post your line stats
    Attenuation and SnR Margin, both these can be found on the router homepage. Click advanced then statistics and dsl.

Then post what speed your line is syncing at. This can be found under advanced or on the very default homepage ( Max allowed speed )

Get posting!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 chubbyjoe

Thanks very Much Caabal for that link. I messed around a little with the microfilter yokes and got the following speed now...much more like it.

Thanks again

293544085.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Should the thread title now be changed to 'How lousy use of microfilters can damage your bb speeds''?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

dub45 wrote: »
    Should the thread title now be changed to 'How lousy use of microfilters can damage your bb speeds''?:)

what exactly is lousy use of a microfilter?

Advertisement