Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aug gear box

Options
  • 08-07-2008 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

hi,
    last friday my aug just stoped fireng as if the battery was dead but when i changed batterys around it still wouldnt fire:( so i took the internals out to have a look and it looked like the gears were jamming because the motor worked fine when not detached to them. i gave the gears a poke with a screwdriver sprayed loads of silicone oil in and it seemed to work for a days skirmishing but then at the end it just stopped again is there any propper way of fixing this?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

its a type 3 gearbox, mechbox have a guide on them, open it up and check the gears and piston teeth.

http://www.mechbox.com/mechbox/v3-mechbox-spring-upgrade

Its an ak video but the gearbox is the same, the trigger is different and a few other things.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

take a close look at the trigger mechanism on the gun, its a common prob for something like a bb can get stuck in the mech and it prevents the contacts from touching, its just a couple of mm is all thats needed to prevent it from working so that might help ya., :)

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

thnks will try that:)

Advertisement