Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GLS Ireland delivered my package to the wrong county

Options
  • 08-07-2008 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

Ordered a stereo from eBay UK, paid for Parcel 48 so it'd be delivered promptly. Checked tracking no today after 6 days and it still not delivered, says its been delivered, and I didnt recognise the name.

So contacted the seller, he contacted ParcelForce and GLS (They take Parcelforce deliveres in Ireland) and they say that it's been delivered to a house in the wrong county. GLS are saying that it will be a WEEK before they can collect it and re-deliver it. So a week to rectify a problem THEY created. The problem here is that i've the panels ripped out from the boat i'm installing it in and can't use it until everythign is back in place. I purposly paid more for a 48hr delivery so i'd have it all completed by this weekend, but now it's looking like I won't even get it until the middle of next weekend, screwing up this weekends plans.

Is there anything I can do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

look for a refund?

dont know how they delivered to a wrong address...surely the package needs to be signed for on delivery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Seems like the stupidest mistake ever! I'd imagine if you've paid for a 48 hour delivery then you're entitled to some if not all of your money back. Email the companies customer service department i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Right, turns out it was delivered to a HARDWARE STORE, in Milltown, Co. Galway (About 45 miles away from my house) - How the HELL did that happen i'd love to know, the addresses are not even remotely similar. I'm guessing it fell into a patch of stuff that was being delivered to that shop?

Parcelforce in the UK have said they got in touch with the UK, have said the driver will pick up the package this evening and deliver it to me tomorrow - If they honour this then fair enough, mistakes happen, but if i'm waiting for ages to get my package i'll be furious :mad: In fairness the eBay seller has said he'd post out another one if it doesn't arrive by 1.30pm tomorrow

I just don't know what to make of the whole situation. All I know is i've been going around in circles ringing GLS for the past hour and i'm stressed out after paying for a service i'm not getting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

The best thing to do is claim back of the original company you requested the 48 hour delivery from.

They inturn will start proceedings with Parcelforce who in turn start an investigation with GLS and they will have to accept responsibility for not delivering the package on time.

Its long winded and doesnt help you now but its the only way I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

After kicking up a fuss yesterday (both me and the seller), by some miracle when I arrived home yesterday the package was there. There was no one at home so don't know what time it arrived at etc. but at least I have my package. So much for them saying it would take a week to sort... goes to show what doing a little complaining can get you. Anyhow, happy ending, but still a bit annoying all the same and a very random 'where the fcuk did my parcel go' Now let's hope they didn't kick the parcel about in the process!

• Advertisement
Advertisement