Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Gatso Vans

Options
  • 08-07-2008 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

Was just wondering did anyone else see the whit renault van parked on the m1 slip road getting off at swords last night?convinced it was a gatso so slammed on the breaks but it goes from 120 to 6o...:mad:

Also on the hill road at the back of the dundrum shoppin centre, theres a little layby and the f**kers park there too... is there a thread already for this because i know of about 6 spots for gatso vans and checks people mightn't know??

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Why not just stick to the limit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭horseydevine

I deliver bouncy castles (yea bouncy castles...) so always on the road, Iv seen a few Speed traps so in case some people aren't aware...(Me boss already has 5 points haha

M1 swords turnoff. Coming onto the m1 theres a stretch from hollyweel going from 60, once hitting the roundabout and over the bridge it goes to 50. the garda do be between there and the base of the hill that rises to 120...

On the m1 between the m50 turn off and the santry turn off there does be a white transit (hi-top)...

As you pass the port tunnel entrance staying on the left as if going to whitehall there is a stone wall as the traffic goes to one lane. they stand behind that wall!!!!!!!

Finglas Dualer under the cross over(junction with superquinn)

After the aldi roundabout in finglas as if going up to the dennis mahoney garage.. sunday mornings they be on both sides...
    Ill be on the road this weekend so if i see more ill post them....(If im allowed???)

Big Nelly wrote: »

I'm not saying i don't Im just sick of me mates moaning about getting done speeding..and t.b.h on the m1 after the m50 turnoff, you try do 80 and you almost get mown out of it a few times.. Its interestin when you slow down to 80 n sum aul fella comes up your ass in a big f**k off merc..and then your fog lights come on..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Omcd

Big Nelly wrote: »

And make sure you dont speed up before the signs at the end of a zone, I've seen a van hidden (out in the sticks in Kildare somewhere) about 30 yards before an 80k sign at the end of a 60k stretch, in an entrance on a lefthand curve so not visible until right on top of it, sneaky that - I think people who speed are the architects of their own misfortune when it comes to speed checks/traps, but that was just so sneaky that one (and the van was so tatty it looked like it a clapped out peice of junk abandoned at the side of the road).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Omcd wrote: »
    And make sure you dont speed up before the signs at the end of a zone, I've seen a van hidden (out in the sticks in Kildare somewhere) about 30 yards before an 80k sign at the end of a 60k stretch, in an entrance on a lefthand curve so not visible until right on top of it, sneaky that - I think people who speed are the architects of their own misfortune when it comes to speed checks/traps, but that was just so sneaky that one (and the van was so tatty it looked like it a clapped out peice of junk abandoned at the side of the road).

Yeah they use the sneaky Dark green Transits that blend into the roadside bushes and what not. The are dirty old boxes and you could easily miss them if you werent looking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Just so you know, the speed limit on the M1 drops to 80 kph BEFORE the M50 turnoff heading towards Dublin. I've driven it a lot and its literally just before a bridge at the airport turnoff.

But I rarely see anyone stick to it.

If you slow down you get all sorts driving right up your backside.

Yeah but sure they all have quotas i'd say...:D.. sure only thing is to know where they are or not speed haha....

listermint wrote: »
    Yeah they use the sneaky Dark green Transits that blend into the roadside bushes and what not. The are dirty old boxes and you could easily miss them if you werent looking.

This one was rusty white - I wonder are they subject to NCT or DOE or whatever ?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

Was just wondering did anyone else see the whit renault van parked on the m1 slip road getting off at swords last night?convinced it was a gatso so slammed on the breaks but it goes from 120 to 6o...:mad:
    Yeah, a well know spot
    Also on the hill road at the back of the dundrum shoppin centre, theres a little layby and the f**kers park there too... is there a thread already for this because i know of about 6 spots for gatso vans and checks people mightn't know??

thanks
    Lots of them here www.irishspeedtraps.com

...convinced it was a gatso so slammed on the breaks...

only said to make people think : here's a choice - two points on your license or two trucks on you ? (a scene from Father Ted comes to mind:D). I wonder do bouncy castles in the back make good airbags:D

• Advertisement

Omcd wrote: »
    only said to make people think : here's a choice - two points on your license or two trucks on you ? (a scene from Father Ted comes to mind:D). I wonder do bouncy castles in the back make good airbags:D

haha nope they dont there too heavy.. first day ever driving the van some lil traveller legged it on front a me and me towing a genny too :mad: I cuda throttled da youngwan!!!!!

HAHA anyone wants a castle to rent give me a pm haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Shooting fish in a barrel.
    They should be on the more dangerous roads or outside schools etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

They were on the N32 on both sides on Sunday evening too. Some poor sod in a silver Golf got done doing about 50mph ahead of me. Pathetic imho.

Advertisement