Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PVC door lock replacement

Options
  • 08-07-2008 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Hi,

I want to replace the door lock on a standard pvc door as I want to replace old key sets. I understand how to remove lock(I think!) but not what type of exact replacement I need. Without removing and bringing to locksmith store is it possible to determine what type of lock I need in advance/are they standardised?Tks.

For clarity, I should mention that it's the cylinder that needs replacing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭beldin

You need to take it out and measure the length
    Also measure the length from each end of the cylinder to the centre tab which revolves.
    Also to remove the lock you unscrew the screw at the side of it but then have to turn the key slightly to allow the cylinder to be removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭secman

If you know someone who works at pvc window game, they usually carry spare lock barrels, mine went about 2 months ago and it took a friend of mine all of 4 minutes to replace it and 4 new keys to boot.

Secman

Advertisement