Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which cables should I run to mount plasma

• 08-07-2008 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I want to mount a large tv on a wall and run cables back to my dvd player etc. It's a new build so I have option to chase walls. My tv does not have HDMI but I would like to future proof my setup. Can I run a HMDI cable only and use this cable to link tv and dvd by uaing scart convertors. Or should I run both Scart and HDMI? Any advive would be most welcome.

Paul.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Homer

Yes you should run a seperate hdmi (at least one) to the TV location for future use. You cannot currently convert scart to hdmi or vice versa as one is digital and one is analog.
    There are amplifiers on the market which would let you do the switching (and possible upconversion) for you but at the moment I take it you do not have that facility.

I would suggest you run the following cables as a minimum..

1 x HDMI
    2 x CAT5E (these can be used for a variety of applications in the future)
    2 x co-axial
    1 x video cable (scart or s-video and audio seperately)

This would not cost a lot and would be easy to do now rather than later.
    I would also suggest you run some large trunking in the wall and plaster over it which would give you the ability to pull up/down any cables you don't put in now but may come online in the future.

Just shout if you have any other questions.

Industria.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 paulfitzg

Thanks for your reply - it was very useful.

Paul.

Advertisement