Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat Flap anybody?

Options
  • 08-07-2008 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi there,

I'm thinking of getting a catflap for my cat - we have a wooden door with large glass panels so don't think the diy flaps in Argos will work?
    Anybody had any experience with flaps good or bad ?

Thanx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭will1977

Is the glass clear glass are does it have wire in it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

hi, had a cat flap for years would highly recomend one, but be warned if it doesn't have a key ie magnet or infa red you will have visitors. And even then still happens from time to time.(one of ours comes in so slow a local stray has cottoned on and while his tail is still in flap she can push it open.) Also multi-way locks are great, ours lads sometimes won't come in when called at night so lock it so they can get in but won't let them out. they're always in when i get up in morning.
    Have also seen one put into double glazed window but think it would be expensive and don't know where you'd get that done, Sorry not more help there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 lilly03

Thanks,

The glass is just clear - double glazing no wire. I'd definitely go for a locking one as there are lotsaa 'friends' in the neighbourhood.
    Can I ask where you bought the flap / got it installed??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Sorry didn't make it clear installed mine myself, it was an argos job. Don't know about in window one but presume you'd have to have new double glazed pannel made with flap fitted or gap to fit. Pricey I'd imagine, place i saw it have plenty of dosh.
    Good luck.
    Mine's a staywell magnetic, works great but cat had a spoon stuck to collar this morning. Happens often find stuff stuck to magnet doesn't bother cat but i have a small collection of scews, nails, nuts and bolts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Yeah, we've got a cat flap on our shed outside. Bought a number of them off eBay that were shite, either broke or willingly let some unwanted friends in. We eventually bought a Staywell Infra-red one (off eBay also) that has stood the test of time. I can't recommend this one highly enough. I costs a bit more than the usual ones but well worth it

• Advertisement
Advertisement