Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I thought there was more!

• 08-07-2008 2:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭

So i put gta4 away and finally got around to getting to level 55 on cod4, now i remember something like "get to level 55 and then make a tough choice" so i wait, and get there, and NOTHIN!! Am i missin somethin here?

Also why dont points you score after level 55 keep going? Like it tells you at the end of the round what you racked up but nothing is added to your existing score :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

GAAman wrote: »
    So i put gta4 away and finally got around to getting to level 55 on cod4, now i remember something like "get to level 55 and then make a tough choice" so i wait, and get there, and NOTHIN!! Am i missin somethin here?

Also why dont points you score after level 55 keep going? Like it tells you at the end of the round what you racked up but nothing is added to your existing score :confused:

pc or console?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Your XP (marked in red) will not rise once you've reached rank 55
    Your score (marked green) will continue to rise even when you reach rank 55.

Also if you waste so much time going for gold weapons you have to show that you're sad enough to get them. I have to do it this way because i don't even play this game anymore. Only for the odd clan match which are on the TRM mod.

cod4mp-20080708-150659.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Lol nicely done Sod'o swords :D .

I assumed the OP was talking about console seeing as they mentioned GTA4, that could be my wrong presumption though. Anyway, that would mean that there is the presteage ( yeah I know I can't spell ) mode , which is basically going through the whole ranking system again and again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Bigger screenshot next time Sod'o swords! Please!

I know x-fire screenshots are huge!!!!!

Yeah I do that whole prestige malarky on console.
    But anyway i hope this clears things up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

You now have two options.
    Stay at lv.55 and go for the golden weapons as sod o swords said or go for prestiege mode.
    Prestiege mode means you lose all you weapons and challenges in return for a funky new badge and a chance to do it all again. You can prestiege 10 times although i dunno why anyone would bother:P

The prestige part has been covered so i'll steer clear of it.

The points that you score when you hit level 55 DO keep going up, but it doesn't tell you how many more you need to get to prestige like it normally does (i.e. when you come back into the lobby after each match).

To view how many more points you need, just go to the barracks and on the right hand side there's a mini-statistics board with number of kills, deaths, headshots etc. There's also a status bar showing the requisite XP for the next level. When that's full, which it might already be, depending on how long ago you completed level 55, you can then enter prestige mode.

Just go into the Barracks again and the bottom option (which is normally greyed out, should be "Enter prestige". When you've enough XP this option will become white and clickable.

see here:

xbox-live-barracks.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Sorry lads, shoulda said its on xbox, do the gold weapons have like any more power over their normal counterparts or is it just for show?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

100% bling factor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Just for show...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

Sorry lads, shoulda said its on xbox, do the gold weapons have like any more power over their normal counterparts or is it just for show?

I should add you can only get one gold weapon per class.
    ie:Its a gold AK for the assualt class
    gold uzi for the smg class
    gold m1014 for the shotgun class
    gold m60 for the lmg's
    and a golden dragunov for the sniper class

Not forgetting the golden d.eagle you unlock at lv.55

I know, i shall post screenshots! again proving my me being sad point!
    YAY FOR ME!

Be amazed by the glory of time wasting!!!
    Again the screenshots are huge.......
    Must be something to do with my new monitor.

gold2.jpg
    gold1.jpg
    gold.jpg
    gold%20%283%29.jpg
    gold%20%282%29.jpg

The thumb-print on the back of the mini-uzi is a great touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Pffff, showoff............

:P .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

The man with the golden gun.

PM_goldengun_narrowweb__300x378,0.jpg

Advertisement