Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpaid fees 2006/07

• 08-07-2008 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi, I wonder can anyone give me some advice here? Basically I owe fees for a part-time course at UCD 06/07 that I dropped out of for personal reasons, but never formally informed them of this fact. I have now received a letter asking for the outstanding 500 euros.

So, how energetically will they pursue this matter? And what sort of case do I have? Obviously I'd rather not pay for a course I didn't attend or even finish. Could it affect my credit rating at some point if I don't pay?

Comments

Hi Dónall,

If you never attended the course then there should be nothing wrong with talking to UCD and saying how you shouldn't have to pay. This is one of the reasons I always advised people to drop out 'formally' instead of just walking away, since it can lead to arguments in the future.

But it shouldn't really be an issue if you didn't attend. Just call them. If they ask you to prove you weren't there, just ask them to prove you were there (attendance lists etc.).

Advertisement