Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting TO Merrion Road, D4

Options
  • 08-07-2008 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

Not at all familiar with that side of the city. Could anyone tell me how to get to Merrion Road, what dart station to get off at and how much of a walk it is from the station to AIG House on Merrion Road if anyone knows it? Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I checked the DTO Journey Planner's Find Nearest Station for Merrion Road and it suggests Sydney Parade DART station.

You could ask the company you are visiting for alternative suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,431 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I dont' know where AIG House is - Merrion Road a long road. I suggest you phone them to check.

I suspect they are at the Ballsbridge end opposite the RDS - but could be in one of the new office buildings at Merrion Gates.

Ballsbridge http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&hl=en&ll=53.328951,-6.230578&spn=0.005523,0.021544&z=16

Merrion Gates http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&hl=en&ll=53.315762,-6.206353&spn=0.005525,0.021544&z=16

Sandymount and Sydney Parade would be the best stops, but Lansdowne Road or Booterstown might suit if they are at one of the ends.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

AIG is in the same building as Tesco. Sydney Parade is the closest DART station by far. Get off at Sydney Parade, go down Sydney Avenue (westwards) and BAM! It's straight in front of you. 2 min walk tops.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

AIG is in the same building as Tesco. Sydney Parade is the closest DART station by far. Get off at Sydney Parade, go down Sydney Avenue (westwards) and BAM! It's straight in front of you. 2 min walk tops.

i agree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭donaghs

Yes, its that simple. Exit Syndney Parade Station, turn left. Walk in a straight line (down Sydney Avenue), and in a few secs you'll see the Merrion Centre appear in front of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Summerjones

Thanks very much everyone, great help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Rio78

Hi, I've checked online and even rang the DART office but can't get info on whether DART stops on Merrion Rd. I want to get as near as possible to Allianz Ireland in Elm Park which is off Merrion Rd. When I was out there last week I noticed people possibly getting off at a DART station across the Rd but not entirely sure. Sydney Parade and Booterstown are too far away. Any suggestions?

Sydney Parade and Booterstown are the nearest stations (Merrion station was never successful and closed more than 100 years ago). They would be also exactly equidistant.

Perhaps bus? Dublin Bus route 4, 7, 8, 45. http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/4/

Advertisement