Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hot car

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

women drivers.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

well at least the pool stopped it. Could've been worse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

It always amazes me how clean the water is after those sort of accidents.
    I can guarantee if I planted my jeep in that pool, between dirt, diesel and oil you definately wouldnt be able to see the bottom:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

That's one way of washing a car!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,404 ✭✭✭fletch

Slig wrote: »
    It always amazes me how clean the water is after those sort of accidents.
    I can guarantee if I planted my jeep in that pool, between dirt, diesel and oil you definately wouldnt be able to see the bottom:D
    :) Never thought of that! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Tsk. That's women for you. Always flooding the engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I liked it better when Keith Moon did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

I wonder what the conversation is like from the photo.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

It rolled down the hill and into the pool. Did it go through the gap in the fence & if so why isn't the gap wider?

Anyhow time to pass it over to our tame racing driver. Some call him a big twat. Others call him ignorant. All we know is, he's called Jeremy...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Didn't James Bond have a car that did that? Looked a bit similar too:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

My main concern is the weird octopus thing on the left hand side of the photo

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

antodeco wrote: »

Hahahaha:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

antodeco wrote: »

Never heard of a "Kreepy Krauly" before? "Baracuda", no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

To me, that looks fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mollydolly271

husband:o: "thats what u get for telling me the kid was mine"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

ditto. It is from The Sun....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

testicle wrote: »
    To me, that looks fake.

Yea the car is too close to the edge of the pool... based on the hole in the fence, if the car went in at that angle the car would of turned over on it's roof/side when it entered the pool....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Guys, I found the driver!!!!1!!one!!!

:D

iiznotamused128595545190210319.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Yea the car is too close to the edge of the pool... based on the hole in the fence, if the car went in at that angle the car would of turned over on it's roof/side when it entered the pool....

It looks too close to the side because of refraction i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

Definitely fake. Here's a 5 minute photoshop I just did along a similar line

Not as good as the other one, but like I say, a 5 min effort inspired by the OP!

• Advertisement

carpoolliftAP_450x338.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Cionád wrote: »
    proof

Bit obvious wasn't it.

I guess nobody followed the original link.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

oops!!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭cormac_byrne

Hot car? no it's hot brakes!

If you park a car having discs brakes all round on a hill with the brakes hot (i.e after hard driving), the disc and pads will contract slightly on cooling and there's a chance it will start to roll.

Older cars with drum brakes on the rear are much safer in this regard.
    (contracting drum would tighten the brake)

Moral of the story is to always park in gear. (especially if you've got disc brakes on the rear)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Isn't the handbrake on rear disk cars embedded inside the disk hub rather than it gripping the disk itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭cormac_byrne

from http://www.familycar.com/brakes.htm

"The parking brake (a.k.a. emergency brake) system controls the rear brakes through a series of steel cables that are connected to either a hand lever or a foot pedal. The idea is that the system is fully mechanical and completely bypasses the hydraulic system so that the vehicle can be brought to a stop even if there is a total brake failure.
    On drum brakes, the cable pulls on a lever mounted in the rear brake and is directly connected to the brake shoes. this has the effect of bypassing the wheel cylinder and controlling the brakes directly.
    Disk brakes on the rear wheels add additional complication for parking brake systems. There are two main designs for adding a mechanical parking brake to rear disk brakes. The first type uses the existing rear wheel caliper and adds a lever attached to a mechanical corkscrew device inside the caliper piston. When the parking brake cable pulls on the lever, this corkscrew device pushes the piston against the pads, thereby bypassing the hydraulic system, to stop the vehicle. This type of system is primarily used with single piston floating calipers, if the caliper is of the four piston fixed type, then that type of system can't be used. The other system uses a complete mechanical drum brake unit mounted inside the rear rotor. The brake shoes on this system are connected to a lever that is pulled by the parking brake cable to activate the brakes. The brake "drum" is actually the inside part of the rear brake rotor."

I think it's the 'lever/corkscrew' type described above that suffers from the cooling / contracting problem.

Hot car? no it's hot brakes!

you run more risk of warping the discs by keeping your foot planted on the brake pedal at lights after some 'creative' driving. This causes the discs to cool unevenly.

ftr. I agree with parking in gear with only light handbrake - partly for the reason above and partly because of what you said about releasing when they cool down.

Advertisement