Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pig n' Porter

Options
  • 08-07-2008 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭

has anyone been to one of these before? it's basically a tag rugby tournament with music, entertainment, disco thrown in. not really interested in the tag side of things but ive heard it's a great laugh, especially if the weather is decent.

it's on out in old crescent rfc, july 12th, this saturday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I can honestly say I have never heard of it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Supposed to be great fun, one of the best tag events in country apparently. Nearly 100 teams entered this year, so should be good crowds. Hope the weather holds up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

live close to there and it looks like alot of fun.. not into rugby much myself but alot of people show up to these things.. lots of female rugby types too if your into that!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

bazz26 wrote: »
    I can honestly say I have never heard of it myself.

Almost 100 teams. Great for the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Tinytony

Great day out. Whether you play or not. If your not playing then head out their about 3 or 4 and the finals should be on, and all the teams that are knocked out will be on the beer, with bands playing etc and a big pig on a spit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I heard last year they had to turn people away it got so busy out there. Supposed to be great craic alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Lucy Locket

I'm headn there, and actually playing tag.....finals aren't on until 6.30....meant to be good entertainment there all day...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

never heard of it until today when I saw some newspaper article title
    beside a photo of two women standing beside
    some chief with a pigs head on a plate.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Ill be there :)

Getting our asses kicked as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Never played in it but know one of the fellas who runs it. It is well run with huge crowds, good crack and even better talent. I think last year rained a bit and the year before was hot. It need god weather though not this crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

yayamark wrote: »
    Never played in it but know one of the fellas who runs it. It is well run with huge crowds, good crack and even better talent. I think last year rained a bit and the year before was hot. It need god weather though not this crap.

Rained a bit?

We had to hold the shelter tent down to stop it taking off. Plus the bouncy castle rolled over. Not your nicest weather that year.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I spent a few hours out there earlier. A great event. Well organised and run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭cookie81

Just recovering today from a fantastic day yesterday at pig n porter. We got rained upon and then sunburned! So funny everyones face was sunburnt - some worse than others. Got to semis and lost :( but had such a great night it was forgotten about!:D Will def be going back next yr!

Advertisement