Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 E220 broadband modem disconnection problem

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Why don't you try it and find out :rolleyes:?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I upgraded my E220 with that firmware. I wasn't having any problems before, and I continue to not have any problems, so it won't do any harm to try it. Disconnects could be as a result of poor signal/reception though, in which case this probably won't do anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Why don't you try it and find out :rolleyes:?

I was talking to o2 and they said the E220 that i have would have the latest firmware.
    They also said a firmware update probably wouldn't sort it anyway.

How do you check the firmware on the modem anyway?

Anyone else having this disconnection problem with the E220.

jor el wrote: »
    I upgraded my E220 with that firmware. I wasn't having any problems before, and I continue to not have any problems, so it won't do any harm to try it. Disconnects could be as a result of poor signal/reception though, in which case this probably won't do anything.

Speeds are actually quite reasonable tbh.

I'm in an area that should have good coverage.
    How do you check the firmware version of the modem btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Not aware of anything that tells you what firmware you have, but perhaps if you try the update it will tell you that you're already at that revision? If not, you will be when it's done.

• Advertisement

jor el wrote: »
    Not aware of anything that tells you what firmware you have, but perhaps if you try the update it will tell you that you're already at that revision? If not, you will be when it's done.

Fair enough thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 IanMcLeish

Hi, I got a 270 black one, and it kept disconnecting, new firmware sorted this problem for definite- stays up 24hrs now, but make sure to uninstall the pc software and reinstall from the modem- it then updates this also,

Good luck,

Ian

Advertisement