Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tikka T3

Options
  • 08-07-2008 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭

A shooting buddy is going to buy a Tikka T3 varmint in .223 and was offered a choice between an 8" and a 12" twist rate which would be recommended for general shooting with some target shooting on a private range which goes out to 600 yards. Also what is the general opinion on Tikka T3's as I've never seen/shot one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

A shooting buddy is going to buy a Tikka T3 varmint in .223 and was offered a choice between an 8" and a 12" twist rate which would be recommended for general shooting with some target shooting on a private range which goes out to 600 yards. Also what is the general opinion on Tikka T3's as I've never seen/shot one.

AS I have the same rifle I will list my likes and dislikes.

Trigger can be lightened to 2lbs pretty easily, trigger pull itself is nice
    Accuracy is fine for hunting.

Dislikes:
    Cheap stocks, just don't like the syntethic material they use.
    Plastic magazine

That's about it really. If he intends on target shooting then the faster twist rate will accomodate longer (heavier) rounds which are preferred for the task (this faster twist rate will also have no probs with the lighter stuff, within reason). I have the faster twist rate so cannot do a comparison to the slower 1 in 12. The 1 in 12 will be fine for most of the ammo available here for the .223 that is 45-50-55 grain stuff. If he wants multipurpose then the 1 in 8 may suit better if he can get a decent supply of quality 69 or 75 grain ammo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Ive got the T3 too, cant fault it apart from what Vegeta said about the plastic mags and thier very expensive to replace at around 80 yoyos but i havnt herd anybody to have any problems with it so far.
    Real nice smooth action and nice rifle to fire, very accurate with the American Eagle 50g HP round which is nice cause thier about the cheapest.

Advertisement